2018 draftees who made the opening night roster.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
extremely impressive we have at least 4 players from the 2018 crew make their teams opening night roster, wow........ nice.

Make the 5, Hayton somehow made the team.

The top 5 selections of the 2018 draft will start in the nhl this year.
Zadina, who was considered the 3rd best prospect in the draft for most of last year, did not make the nhl.
Crazy.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Make the 5, Hayton somehow made the team.

The top 5 selections of the 2018 draft will start in the nhl this year.
Zadina, who was considered the 3rd best prospect in the draft for most of last year, did not make the nhl.
Crazy.

wow that's insane, looks like he's there for opening night. thanks for the info.

Zadina not making Detroit is no surprise. They have a history of having their prospects develop longer then needed.

looks like he's filling in for Galchenyuk and Dvorak, and probably be sent back before the 9 games.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
wow that's insane, looks like he's there for opening night. thanks for the info.

Zadina not making Detroit is no surprise. They have a history of having their prospects develop longer then needed.

looks like he's filling in for Galchenyuk and Dvorak, and probably be sent back before the 9 games.
Zadina COULD play in the NHL but I wouldn’t say starting in the AHL is developing ”longer than needed”. Dahlin and Svech were locks to make NHL, Tkachuk very likely, Kotka played pro all of last season, but Zadina wasn’t a surprise to need a bit more seasoning. The major surprise is Hayton and I don’t know that it’s the smartest idea.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Zadina COULD play in the NHL but I wouldn’t say starting in the AHL is developing ”longer than needed”. Dahlin and Svech were locks to make NHL, Tkachuk very likely, Kotka played pro all of last season, but Zadina wasn’t a surprise to need a bit more seasoning. The major surprise is Hayton and I don’t know that it’s the smartest idea.

If Zadina was drafted by Ottawa, he would probably start the year in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad