2018 draftees who made the opening night roster.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Not only has Kotkaniemi shown he was NHL ready, but he was actually the Habs best player throughout the preseason (not that we have a great team to begin with).

I would prefer he plays 9 games then go back to Finland, but he might definitely stick around longer. He is legit.

Reactions: SI90

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Not only has Kotkaniemi shown he was NHL ready, but he was actually the Habs best player throughout the preseason (not that we have a great team to begin with).

I would prefer he plays 9 games then go back to Finland, but he might definitely stick around longer. He is legit.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
extremely impressive we have at least 4 players from the 2018 crew make their teams opening night roster, wow........ nice.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Bouchard with the Oilers, looks to be NHL ready so far. Elite offensively but a lil sus defensively although he can work on that as the season progresses.

is he officially in? if so very impressive.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Wings fan may need to chime in but I don’t think Zadina is making opening night.

unlikely we will see a prospect out of draft make the Red Wings opening night roster anytime soon. That team never rushes prospects and they like it when they are more then ready to play in the NHL.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
unlikely we will see a prospect out of draft make the Red Wings opening night roster anytime soon. That team never rushes prospects and they like it when they are more then ready to play in the NHL.
Until the Red Wings draft Hughes next year ...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
not sure if serious, but Hughes did not attend our training camp.

This appears to have worked out swimmingly for Pettersson. I was advocating for Montreal to follow the Pettersson model with Jesperi, but this has gone much better than I expected it to.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
This appears to have worked out swimmingly for Pettersson. I was advocating for Montreal to follow the Pettersson model with Jesperi, but this has gone much better than I expected it to.
Pettersson was an interesting case as he was an absolute toothpick last year. I think he was NHL ready at 18 in regards to everything but his Keira Knightly-esq 160lb on 6'2 frame. As much as J2K needs to bulk up, he can at least play in the league without snapping in half.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017

Zadina was definitely not ready and has quite a bit of work to do, but I'd argue that Veleno should have probably gotten a shot, the kid looked very impressive.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1