2018 Draft: 2nd Pick: Ryan McLeod (F) - Recalled to taxi squad 4/18/21

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
If we do bring him up from the taxi squad (seems likely) I hope coaching and fans give him some leash. Just assume the rookie will have some bad games. We have some runway to play with ideas like that. I'd McLeod hits his stride he could be a great asset for a playoff run

I think rookies tend to get a healthy amount of understanding that they will make mistakes for most fans.

What I am concerned about is that he will get the Benson or Bouchard treatment from the coaches. Not put into a position to succeed and not played despite solid showings.

We have had a few guys get big pushes despite meh play, Yamamoto for example prior to ĺast year, and others get a very short leash from the coaching staff with very little rhyme or reason.

The last two games have given me a bit of hope for our playoff chances but bringing in a guy, like we did Yamamoto last year, who can really improve the team would push us that much closer to cup contention.

I'd be trying even a guy like Marody prior to the playoffs to try to improve our depth scoring.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I think rookies tend to get a healthy amount of understanding that they will make mistakes for most fans.

What I am concerned about is that he will get the Benson or Bouchard treatment from the coaches. Not put into a position to succeed and not played despite solid showings.

We have had a few guys get big pushes despite meh play, Yamamoto for example prior to ĺast year, and others get a very short leash from the coaching staff with very little rhyme or reason.

The last two games have given me a bit of hope for our playoff chances but bringing in a guy, like we did Yamamoto last year, who can really improve the team would push us that much closer to cup contention.

I'd be trying even a guy like Marody prior to the playoffs to try to improve our depth scoring.
The problem is we have already used 2 of 4 allowable call ups from now to the end of the season. We can’t just keep calling up guys unfortunately. MCLeod plays C hence why he was called up.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The problem is we have already used 2 of 4 allowable call ups from now to the end of the season. We can’t just keep calling up guys unfortunately. MCLeod plays C hence why he was called up.
And wasn't it before the Khaira injury, making it even more important?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Who have we used? Nygard has been the only one so far I think.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I don't think McLeod call up to taxi squad counts as one.
It's only from Taxi/AHL to active squad. So far it's just Nygard.
I'm pretty sure the McLeod recall counted. Tony Brar tweeted that it counted

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Sounds like McLeod will at least get 1 game next week. He practices with the team on Sunday

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Sounds like McLeod will at least get 1 game next week. He practices with the team on Sunday
I expect to see him Wednesday. Tippett (IIRC) said he wanted McLeod to get a couple practices in before seeing game action. If he fares well, he could play the following night as well. That said, they may want to ease him in against a bad Calgary team. :sarcasm:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
2 periods in and I’m liking what he’s shown soo far. Very competitive, gaining good offensive zone time and the line looks dangerous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad