Prospect Info: 2018 Development Camp [June 28 thru July 2]

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Surprised about Francouz. Had assumed there’d be like an age limit or something, lol

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Awesome to see so many college players there. Should be a treat for those that go and watch.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Holy crap there’s going to be a lot of talent on the ice. Makar, Timmins, Bowers, Kaut, Smirnov, Shyv. Has to be the most skill at a development camp yet.

Lewis is going to be the most impressive player there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's an impressive roster. I'm most interested in seeing how Bowers and all the Russian kids look.

Kovalenko was already in the US so it makes sense for him to just stay a bit longer but it's still good to see him there. Get him around people in the organization and the other prospects right away to start building those relationships.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Makar, Timmins, Kaut, and Bowers. *drools

I guess Kovalenko was already here for draft weekend, but too bad that Zhuravlyov and Shmakov aren’t coming for the camp.

Surprised no Leivermann or Clurman there on D. Maybe the Avs have already given up on them.

Kotkov is interesting. Went undrafted, still just 18. Big 6’4”, 205 pound Russian power forward. Right handed. Was in the Q last year for Chicoutimi(61-21-28-49), had a good season for first year in NA as a 17 year old.

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #129 by HOCKEYPROSPECT.COM

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #39 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #82 by ISS HOCKEY

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #148 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #81 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)

Reactions: avsfan3737

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What’s with the Clurman/Leiverman love around here anyway? Aren’t they 20 year olds who still aren’t good enough for college?

Reactions: New Scotlander

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What’s with the Clurman/Leiverman love around here anyway? Aren’t they 20 year olds who still aren’t good enough for college?

Both are starting next year at Notre Dame. Clurman had major struggles with the USHL last year, but it seemed to click towards the end. His skill set is very good, but very raw. Odds are against him. Leivermann is only 19 ;) He was fantastic in Penticton this past season and a top pairing guy there. Had a scary injury in the playoffs, so how he rebounds from that will be interesting. He had a very good year though. Finished 10th amongst BCHL defensemen in scoring despite only 43 games played. 4th in points per game amongst defensemen. Beat teammate and 2nd round pick Tychonick in goals despite fewer games played.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

I guess it’s moreso that other than the two late Russians we just drafted, they are the only rookie Avs property players not there. I couldn’t care less about them, simply an observation.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Remember when development camp was two days with no on-ice activity and we just drafted Mitchell Heard?

Good times.
Uh uh, see what you ain't fina do is go there. :laugh:
Heard never happened, he does not exist.
I guess Kovalenko was already here for draft weekend, but too bad that Zhuravlyov and Shmakov aren’t coming for the camp.

Surprised no Leivermann or Clurman there on D. Maybe the Avs have already given up on them.

Kotkov is interesting. Went undrafted, still just 18. Big 6’4”, 205 pound Russian power forward. Right handed. Was in the Q last year for Chicoutimi(61-21-28-49), had a good season for first year in NA as a 17 year old.

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #129 by HOCKEYPROSPECT.COM

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #39 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #82 by ISS HOCKEY

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #148 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY

2018 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #81 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)

Definitely an interesting player. Can't hurt to bring him in and see what he's got.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I really want Shvyrev to make it. The obvious reason is so the Avs have another good player but also because his progress and success could really help with this Russian factory the Avs are trying to build. Maybe I'm putting too much on one prospect or reading into it too much but it probably won't be great if he heads back to Russia in a few years, especially after Mironov.

Also, is Smirnov going to get paid for all the translating he'll have to do over the next few days? Kotkov is fine but I don't believe the others speak English.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nice to see Smirnov there, he did a lot of translating for Mironov last year, he'll probably be great for Shvyrev and Kovalenko.

That's a pretty low number of D there though, most are camp invites who probably have little to no shot. With Boikov, Lindholm, and Siemens leaving there's a sudden serious lack of depth on the Eagles though so maybe somebody gets an AHL deal.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
How about Chaplin or Central Butte?

I didn't live in Chaplin, but I've lived in Swift Current and Moose Jaw so I've had to drive through Chaplin tons of times. It's always weird to see the salt mines they have there. And I had a buddy in high school who lived in Central Butte so I've been there a few times.

But anyways back to prospects, I'm a little disappointed they didn't get any of the other big name undrafted players like Eggenberger or Dunkley.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
But anyways back to prospects, I'm a little disappointed they didn't get any of the other big name undrafted players like Eggenberger or Dunkley.
Kotkov was a pretty decent get, IMO. Yeah, he has some major holes but also legit skills and was one of the more surprising names to fall out of the 7th. Of all the potential invites he would have been my top choice.

Besides, Eggenberger is pretty blah to me anyway (besides the name), I'm not sad we passed on him.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Nice to see Smirnov there, he did a lot of translating for Mironov last year, he'll probably be great for Shvyrev and Kovalenko.

That's a pretty low number of D there though, most are camp invites who probably have little to no shot. With Boikov, Lindholm, and Siemens leaving there's a sudden serious lack of depth on the Eagles though so maybe somebody gets an AHL deal.

Boikov and Lindholn leaving are rumours and that’s it. As of now, both are signed and have contracts through next season.

Johnson
Barrie
Zadorov
Girard
Nemeth
Barberio
Alt
Meloche
Lindholm
Boikov
Warsofsky
Timmins
Graves
Anderson
Geertsen

15 defenseman signed for 2 teams right now. Seems right. If Boikov and Lindholn take off back to Europe, then yeah let’s revisit but right now there’s certainly no depth issue.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Boikov and Lindholn leaving are rumours and that’s it. As of now, both are signed and have contracts through next season.

Johnson
Barrie
Zadorov
Girard
Nemeth
Barberio
Alt
Meloche
Lindholm
Boikov
Warsofsky
Timmins
Graves
Anderson
Geertsen

15 defenseman signed for 2 teams right now. Seems right. If Boikov and Lindholn take off back to Europe, then yeah let’s revisit but right now there’s certainly no depth issue.
I forgot about Warsoftsky, he can be a top 4 AHL D. I just never want to see him on the Avs again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad