WJC: 2018 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
I do not trust Škarek, it's a bubble bubbling. WCH U18 has completely failed, and now Canada is the same.

Skarek has some issues with his technique IMO, but thats more on his goalie coach (Jaros) than him.

I wouldn't blame him for Canada game, he was hung out to dry by his teammates. It's not like Korenar would be mistake free against Finland. He allowed soft goal from the boards.

I don't care about that. WCH U18 is history (different team, different coach etc.) So many things can happen between U18 and now.

EDIT: Saw the game, it wasnt soft goal against Finland (Korenar), it was deflected by our player

Last edited:

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I do not trust Škarek, it's a bubble bubbling. WCH U18 has completely failed, and now Canada is the same.

Škarek wasn't so bad against Canada. The third period was a disaster for the whole team including him, but that was mostly about concentration and morale of all the players. It the first two, he was not bad at all. Two goals were absolutely out of his reach, and two were shots very difficult to stop.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
what can we expect out of Jakub Galvas?
Probably a key defender, I have not seen him play so many times, but he should be able to support the attack and be reliable in the defense. He plays many minutes in Olomouc (Czech Extraliga) and belongs to key defenders. Coaches also believe in the national team.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
Kurovsky on the roster instead of Michnac.

Attachments

• IHM4200CZE_33_1_0_CZE.pdf
    61.7 KB · Views: 17

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
What the hell. Is Michnac injured or what? Makes no sense.

Probably. There were rumors that some player(s) have day to day health issues, probably this was about Michnáč. Or maybe the coaches don't like his defensive game, but I don't suppose that.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Haha went to Vancouver for the first time last year. AMAZING city. So beautiful. Just too expensive to live in. Ottawa is the next best option. If you ever make it, let me know and I'll give you a tour!
I am counting with it :) It was a good game today. Chytil is exceptional, Necas looks like leader on ice and really like what I saw from Zachar and others. Shame we allowed two golas in the end but I enjoyed it overally.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
If we play Michnac over Hrabik, I would be happy. Need more offensive depth in our lines. Defensive pairs need a some changes. But pretty good and exciting game!

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
If we play Michnac over Hrabik, I would be happy. Need more offensive depth in our lines. Defensive pairs need a some changes. But pretty good and exciting game!

Hrdinka over Vala, he was terrible.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
So no more completely giving up on Czechs after pre-tournament right guys? Lol

The real test will be FINALLY beating the teams we should beat. I also hope we can give Sweden a good battle.
Kaut is better than I thought and it's nice to see that Pesan recognized the chemistry between him, Zadina, And Necas on PP and moved him up to 2nd line permanently in place of Pavlik.
Now that's good coaching!

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Well that sure was exciting. Leaders playing like leaders, dangerous PP and good PK (although Russian PP was terrible).
I was impressed by Kaut and Kral, both had strong game imo. Also Kurovsky, that move was filthy.
Michnac should replace either Hrabik or Lauko, who looked very nervous and couldn't keep the puck on his stick.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Good start to tournament. Kořenář was solid and players ahead of him also. Especially Nečas and Chytil showed what was expected. I was little scared when Chytil take the hit in the 2nd period, but it ends well fortunately. Now do better than last year, when it looks good after start too.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
So no more completely giving up on Czechs after pre-tournament right guys? Lol

The real test will be FINALLY beating the teams we should beat. I also hope we can give Sweden a good battle.
Kaut is better than I thought and it's nice to see that Pesan recognized the chemistry between him, Zadina, And Necas on PP and moved him up to 2nd line permanently in place of Pavlik.
Now that's good coaching!

I don't think anyone here "completely gave up" on the team before the tournament started. Seems a little unfair, we're all fans here, we all want to see our boys win-it's just that some of us are more pessimistic than others :) It's just that we always seem to have this trend of not beating teams we should after a "surprising win." As you yourself say, the real test comes when we finally do beat those teams. I hope that it is this year. However things in this tournament change so rapidly that we may still end up with a difficult QF matchup. But let's see. Cesi do toho :))

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think anyone here "completely gave up" on the team before the tournament started. Seems a little unfair, we're all fans here, we all want to see our boys win-it's just that some of us are more pessimistic than others :) It's just that we always seem to have this trend of not beating teams we should after a "surprising win." As you yourself say, the real test comes when we finally do beat those teams. I hope that it is this year. However things in this tournament change so rapidly that we may still end up with a difficult QF matchup. But let's see. Cesi do toho :))
Very pessimistic based on one game :) that was my point.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Well that sure was exciting. Leaders playing like leaders, dangerous PP and good PK (although Russian PP was terrible).
I was impressed by Kaut and Kral, both had strong game imo. Also Kurovsky, that move was filthy.
Michnac should replace either Hrabik or Lauko, who looked very nervous and couldn't keep the puck on his stick.
Lauko is all right. Pavlik no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad