2018 conference tournament and NCAA tournament thread

member 51464

Looking forward to a Kansas vs Kansas State final.
That’s a weak jinx effort.

I imagine duke is seen as the favorite at this point. Though it would be fun to see them lose in a buzzer beater to Loyola.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Is there a such a thing as too many upsets?

It's possible. It's a bit of a trade off. Upsets are fun and exciting but generally speaking those teams aren't ass good and can lead to bad games down the road. The UConn Butler championship game jumps to mind as being a truly awful game. Of course it's possible to have really good teams play awful games too. I guess for me personally, I like a good mix of upsets early and maybe one or two teams going on a run, but with the clash of the titans type of games in the Final 4 and championship.

I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't see Nova vs Duke this year.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Anyone else think it was idiotic by Nevada not to foul on the Loyola possession with 36 seconds left? Best case scenario they get a rebound with like 5 seconds left. Didn't make sense to me.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's possible. It's a bit of a trade off. Upsets are fun and exciting but generally speaking those teams aren't ass good and can lead to bad games down the road. The UConn Butler championship game jumps to mind as being a truly awful game. Of course it's possible to have really good teams play awful games too. I guess for me personally, I like a good mix of upsets early and maybe one or two teams going on a run, but with the clash of the titans type of games in the Final 4 and championship.

I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't see Nova vs Duke this year.

I completely agree.

Thank god I didn't watch that UConn/Butler game that year. I remember reading about how awful the game was the next day.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s
Sep 19, 2008

I still don’t get why they fired him.

Because they had one bad year. Look at Illinois since. Groce failed terribly and Underwood is meh.

The thing is Illini fans will tell you "Weber did a bad job AFTER they went to the Final Four" and that the program was "starting to decline". Well, look at what he's doing now at K State and then look at what's going on at Illinois where the program has actually gotten WORSE without him lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is such a bad game. Both teams playing zone defense and just throwing up brick after brick on offense.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Money pool update:

-I am still alive. I am the only one of the 33 to pick Duke to win it all.
-Someone managed to get exactly one Elite Eight team right, and that team was Kansas State.
-My buddy can win even though he picked Arizona to win it all. He needs Villanova to beat Texas Tech, Duke to beat Kansas, Florida State to beat Michigan and Duke to lose in the title game. Then, he'll tie for first. That's crazy.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I still don’t get why they fired him.

He seems to make himself unpopular after a while, kind of like Billy Martin. He has had various issues at the colleges where he coached, especially Iowa as an assistant and Tennessee as a Head Coach. The Iowa incident caused bad feelings when he was at Milwaukee and another coach who had been an assistant at Illinois was the Head Coach at UIC.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Weber did well with the team Self built, but couldn't recruit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad