2018 CBJ Dev Camp | All-Purpose Thread.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Peeke beats the buzzer to tie it last second.

Foudy pots one in the shootout! 3 for the day so far.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Can only hope it carries over into this upcoming season. He was extremely brutal for Quad City and CLE.

Going from USHL to AHL is a major jump in quality of play. I'm really not sure that experiment is going to work. Foreign goalies excluded from the CHL might develop better by staying in Europe or going the NCAA route.

Reactions: thebus88

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Going from USHL to AHL is a major jump in quality of play. I'm really not sure that experiment is going to work. Foreign goalies excluded from the CHL might develop better by staying in Europe or going the NCAA route.
Maybe. I for one am all for the USHL getting more prominence, because that alone is going to attract better players and thus raise the quality of play further.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe. I for one am all for the USHL getting more prominence, because that alone is going to attract better players and thus raise the quality of play further.

CHL kids even have a difficult time with the transition to pro hockey. It's got to be even tougher for USHL goalies to make the transition to how much faster the game is. But goalies need to play. They have to make mistakes and give up goals to learn and that's not going to make fans happy. I wish there was a better intermediate step for Kivlenieks and Kulbakov.

I am glad the Jackets have kept Kulbakov around. He seems to have potential, it's just a matter of development and coaching.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sherwood looked very quick today.

Bemstrom and Karlberg were just OK

Davidsson was invisible

Foudy was very impressive. You can tell he had the most skill and speed out of everyone there.

Kulbakov and Vehvilainen looked good. Thome did not.

Some camp invites stood out

Was pretty cool seeing Jared Boll and Todd Richards around again. Even got a head nod from them both. I thought it was 2014 again. Hope they're both doing well.

Noticed Ian Clark still hanging around with his CBJ gear on. I assume he's staying in the organization.

As expected, Larsen was there and seems like he's staying too.

Jarmo stayed most of the time, but Bill Zito and JD left early. Zito was also on the phone alot. Probably nothing, but.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I know its just a development camp and there is no danger of being hit but I really like that Foudy is not scared to take advantage and drop his shoulder heading to the middle of the ice once he gets a step on defenders.

Also liked Bemstrom and Peeke today along with the goalies.

Richards kid looked decent

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Just over 8 minutes into this video, my main thought is "Damn I love Jody Shelley"
It's pretty awesome when Boll and Shelley start talking. It makes me happy that Boll is back in town, especially considering he's not playing anymore :laugh:

Reactions: Monk

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Watched the tournament. A few thoughts:

- Liam Foudy: As advertised. At one point he danced around all three defenders and I audibly gasped. Dude can fly, and more importantly, he can keep control of the puck while he's doing it. Hard to say who was the best on the ice, but he was definitely the most exciting.

- Andrew Peeke: Really impressed me. Liked how he seemed to be reading the play a step ahead of everyone. Liked how he was confident jumping up on the rush. Liked how quick he was getting back on defense. People I know who are dialed into college hockey have had good things to say about him, and I can see why.

- Emil Bemstrom: By far the best player on the blue team, for me. Confident, poised, always seemed to be in good positions. Good shot, too. Not extremely fast but not slow either. Worked well with Karlberg (who was his teammate in Sweden last year).

- Marcus Karlberg: Looks just like Cam Atkinson out there. Shootout goal was nice.

- Eric Robinson: Second-oldest guy at camp, and it showed. Looked bigger and stronger than just about everyone there. Not slow, either. Liked his tenacity on his goals.

- Kale Howarth: In awe at the size of this lad. Absolute unit. (Also, he can skate.)

The rest of the signed/drafted guys were pretty quiet. As far as FA invites, I liked the look of FHCTR's kid, and I think it was Jack Ahcan who made a nice cross-crease pass to set up a blue team goal. Also seemed like Tim Theocharidis's name got mentioned a lot, but that might have been because it took Bob and Jody a long time to say it.

Last edited:
Reactions: major major

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Watched the tournament. A few thoughts:

- Liam Foudy: As advertised. At one point he danced around all three defenders and I audibly gasped. Dude can fly, and more importantly, he can keep control of the puck while he's doing it. Hard to say who was the best on the ice, but he was definitely the most exciting.

- Andrew Peeke: Really impressed me. Liked how he seemed to be reading the play a step ahead of everyone. Liked how he was confident jumping up on the rush. Liked how quick he was getting back on defense. People I know who are dialed into college hockey have had good things to say about him, and I can see why.

- Emil Bemstrom: By far the best player on the blue team, for me. Confident, poised, always seemed to be in good positions. Good shot, too. Not extremely fast but not slow either. Worked well with Karlberg (who was his teammate in Sweden last year).

- Marcus Karlberg: Looks just like Cam Atkinson out there. Shootout goal was nice.

- Eric Robinson: Second-oldest guy at camp, and it showed. Looked bigger and stronger than just about everyone there. Not slow, either. Liked his tenacity on his goals.

- Kale Howarth: In awe at the size of this lad. Absolute unit. (Also, he can skate.)

The rest of the signed/drafted guys were pretty quiet. As far as FA invites, I liked the look of FHCTR's kid, and I think it was Jack Ahcan who made a nice cross-crease pass to set up a blue team goal. Also seemed like Tim Theocharidis's name got mentioned a lot, but that might have been because it took Bob and Jody a long time to say it.
I was very impressed with him when I went on Tuesday. Looked to be a very good skater and good with the puck. Not big and DC doesn't give you much of an idea of physical play ability but I could see him latching on with someone on ELC.

Reactions: The Wheelchair

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Kulbakov singed in utica

Did anyone have any report on Moskal and is he worth singing right away? maybe during main camp?

also is wade just a product of playing with Peeke last 2 years or could he get to play in Cleveland ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad