2018 CBJ Dev Camp | All-Purpose Thread.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Figured I’d start a thread for the annual Dev Camp. If you’re attending, please post your insight and opinions on players here!

Roster and times:

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
A bit alarming and unsettling to see the amount of organizational defensemen attending camp. Really shows how bare the cupboard is when it comes to our prospects’ defensive depth.

Of the invites, Christian O’Niell is someone I’ll be keeping an eye on. Great stats last season in the USHL. Headed to Princeton in the fall.

Texier, as noted before, won’t be attending camp due to injury (shoulder surgery).

It’s a shame Marchenko won’t be here. But looking forward to seeing all of our other 18’ draft picks.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Lmao we invited Sean Dhooghe

He’s like 5’3 and 140 pounds soaking wet

I literally couldn’t believe it when I read his height. I first check EliteProspects and just thought that his page hadn’t been updated in years... then googled him. Surprisingly, this will be his second Dev camp with an NHL team. San Jose invited him to their’s last year.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Btw, I haven’t saw any word on why Stenlund won’t be in camp... odd.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
That roster is pretty ugly. Having more FA invites than actual draft picks is a bit alarming.
We didn't have a 1st last draft or a 4th/5th in this draft. A handful of prospects like Texier and Marchenko have other commitments. I don't really see the issue? It's just development camp. This is for guys in juniors/college, not guys who are already playing professionally..

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
We didn't have a 1st last draft or a 4th/5th in this draft. A handful of prospects like Texier and Marchenko have other commitments. I don't really see the issue? It's just development camp. This is for guys in juniors/college, not guys who are already playing professionally..

I beg to differ.

Tell that to:

Emil Bemstrom
Jonathan Davidsson
Kevin Stenlund (last year)
Kole Sherwood
Gabe Carlsson (last year)
Ryan Collins (last year)
Frank Hora (last year)
Scott Savage (last year)
Veeti Vainio (last year)
Eric Robinson
Tim Berni
Veini Vehvilainen
and Ivan Kulbakov

who all have/are playing professionally at the time of the 2017/2018 dev camps.

By my count, that’s 13 players my friend, in the last two years.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This is all a non-issue in that DC is not an evaluation camp but rather more of an indoctrination on how the whole pro thing works. That being said I think the roster brings out the fact that we don't have a lot of top notch new guys in the organization.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I won't be able to attend due to commitments that I have at work. I'll watch the scrimmages though on replay assuming they televise it on Youtube again.

I'm curious if Stenlund, Veino are still injured?

Players that I would be interested to watch
Emil Bemstrom
Marcus Karlberg- I like the name and his junior production in Sweden. Matches Bemstrom and he's a year younger.
Jack Ahcan- Has decent stats for someone who was 20 years old playing with St. Cloud State.
Vehvaleinen (sp) Love his name and production
Tarasov

Reactions: CBJSTH

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Nice read. I think some may be sleeping on Abramov and might forget just how close he was to earning a roster spot last year. Though I think he starts the year in Cleveland, I don't think he stays there long.
This is potentially exciting. If he can show some chops at center, he's much closer to a roster spot. It will require Torts give him the space to development (e.g riding the lows that go with the highs)

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Nice read. I think some may be sleeping on Abramov and might forget just how close he was to earning a roster spot last year. Though I think he starts the year in Cleveland, I don't think he stays there long.
Maybe we should try a energy line on the 4th

Abramov-Stenlund-Milano

All I know for sure is that there's gonna be a lot of competition this year for some bottom 6 spots. Nobody on the 4th can come into training thinking they already have a spot or they'll lose it (Sedlak, Dubinsky, Milano)

This is potentially exciting. If he can show some chops at center, he's much closer to a roster spot. It will require Torts give him the space to development (e.g riding the lows that go with the highs)

I'm not holding my breath yet. Lots of guys can play center in Juniors who can't make the switch to the big leagues. Not saying that he can't or won't, just tempering my own expectations.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Abramov was brutal last training camp and at the World Juniors. He has blown up the Q twice now, but he needs to start the season in Cleveland unless he absolutely blows away at camp similar to Milano last year. Not impossible, but certainly a longshot.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->