GDT: 2018 All Star Weekend (Skillz, 3 on 3z, hypez, etc)

Will this be terrible?

• Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WUT?! AS WE is teh ****!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So, I saw Bettmen interviewed on NHL Tonight, and I was struck by his appearance. He had visible tremors. My first thought was that he has Parkinson's. Anyone else notice that?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Last time I watched 3x3 I liked it. Guys were getting more serious to the end of tournament. Was fun. I'd recommend you to watch if you were in my timezone. But in a sunny day you better go to some BBQ in your neighbourhood.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
All Star Games in just about all sports have become a joke and should be eliminated.

Eliminate the ASG and break week in hockey and you'll have eliminated the need for compressed schedules and probably 3 or more back to back games for every team thus improving the quality of play (the product) on the ice.

Additionally the NHL needs to return to going to the Olympics every four years, the players want it. During the year of the Olympics the NHL can continue the play without the olympians playing for their NHL teams or shorten the NHL schedule for that season, (thus every four years) and have no NHL games played during the Olympics, say reducing the schedule from 82 games to 70 games the year of the Olympics.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
All Star Games in just about all sports have become a joke and should be eliminated.

Eliminate the ASG and break week in hockey and you'll have eliminated the need for compressed schedules and probably 3 or more back to back games for every team thus improving the quality of play (the product) on the ice.

Additionally the NHL needs to return to going to the Olympics every four years, the players want it. During the year of the Olympics the NHL can continue the play without the olympians playing for their NHL teams or shorten the NHL schedule for that season, (thus every four years) and have no NHL games played during the Olympics, say reducing the schedule from 82 games to 70 games the year of the Olympics.

$$$

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My biggest complaint is that the schedule said the 1st game started at 3:30pm EST. It's 3:47pm and they're just introducing the players. All US sports suck at this. Football says a 1pm start which normally means kickoff around 1:09pm. English soccer says an 11:25am start and that ball is kicked off at 11:25am on the dot. I suppose it's the military in me that doesn't like tardiness... "if you're early, you're on time; if you're on time, you're late; if you're late, don't bother showing up!"

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The NHL wants to market the stars by making sure you can see their faces. They want casual fans to watch the All Star game. Casual fans complain about not being able to see the puck or follow the play.

So what does the NHL do? Broadcast the ASG from a nosebleed height using a moving camera that makes it even more difficult to track the play, see the puck, or identify faces.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad