Prospect Info: Jacob Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Again you are correct, I for some reason thought he was a first. Maybe because of the expectation on him.

You probably thought Hudon, Mete, Brook, Vejdemo, DLR, Lernout were all "1st round gems" too. What expectation on Olofsson are you talking about? I have not seen anyone project him as a top 6F. Just cause Habs fans want to talk about a prospect, it don't mean we think they are the next Crosby

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
You probably thought Hudon, Mete, Brook, Vejdemo, DLR, Lernout were all "1st round gems" too. What expectation on Olofsson are you talking about? I have not seen anyone project him as a top 6F. Just cause Habs fans want to talk about a prospect, it don't mean we think they are the next Crosby
Follow along a little better, I think I was fairly clear the expectations were on JDLR. Remember when he was Ellers replacement as a rookie.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Follow along a little better, I think I was fairly clear the expectations were on JDLR. Remember when he was Ellers replacement as a rookie.

Nah... I think you are guilty of pumping up "potential" comments and chatter. Evidence is in your post... You are too focus to exaggerate and make fun about the Habs. Some Habs fans are here to just talk about things. I have not seen anybody pump Olofsson's tires up like you are pretending they did

"another 1st round Gem"

"Thought he was a 1st round pick cause of the expectations"

Reactions: dralaf

OB5

May 2, 2015

He's still with them isn't he?

I don't think Olofsson sees much NHL time...just based off injuries and lack of progress in these vital development years. Honestly the Swedish talent this team has drafted hasn't been that great...though you can say the same about every other country too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't think Olofsson sees much NHL time...just based off injuries and lack of progress in these vital development years. Honestly the Swedish talent this team has drafted hasn't been that great...though you can say the same about every other country too.

yes he's listed as a crossover scout now. As for Olofsson, I don't see how anyone could really have an opinion since he's been the tale of two players, so which one do we get? The safe money is on him not doing much, since you could say that for most picked outside the top 30, 50, etc... I'm not a big fan but he has some interesting tools and it's about how he progresses or not.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Yes he's still with them. But for Sweden specifically, the last two years, it's been Tommy Lehman.

But Rockstrom is slowly starting to scale back his role after 40+ years of being a scout. The Habs have a bunch of amateur scouts in Europe (Hannu Laine, Tommy Lehman, Michael Krupa, Artem Telepin & Rockstrom).

I believe Laine is Finland, Lehman is Sweden, Krupa I think is Czech Republic, and Telepin is Russia. And Rockstrom probably oversees them all.

Reactions: OB5

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Pre draft olofsson was on a couple of late first round. It’s fair to say so far he hasn’t delivered to that but he had hia fair shares of injuries. Good thing we can let euro prospect marinate longer there before we decide whenever we sign them on or not.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pre draft olofsson was on a couple of late first round. It’s fair to say so far he hasn’t delivered to that but he had hia fair shares of injuries. Good thing we can let euro prospect marinate longer there before we decide whenever we sign them on or not.

Decent 2nd round dart IMO. Might bust or disappoint or he might be a bottom 6F. I don't see any Habs fan valuing him more than a B-

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I still like him. He might not become a top 6 forward but he is still tracking good as a bottom 6 forward.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I still like him. He might not become a top 6 forward but he is still tracking good as a bottom 6 forward.

Lots of injury troubles but too early to write him off. He's still a big kid with lots of skills and is defensively responsible. Keep letting him simmer in the SHL and see if he brings his offense game to the next level before bringing him over.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Olofsson back in the line-up for Skelleftea's preseason game. He is playing 2LW. He is #38.

EhE4p3aXsAABPLP

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
glad to hear he's back as the season starts in 2 weeks so it should give him some time to get into game shape. hopefully it was a mild concussion and it doesn't impact his season. Really hoping he can stay healthy and have a big year.

Plekatorz

Jun 6, 2019
Here is my game report for Jacob Olofsson’s game (09-09-2020). It is in french but there is a 5 min long video in it.

He was not very good at the beginning of the game (positionning, mobility, implication) but did get better as the game went on.

He became more confidant with the puck, took more shots and more chances while controlling it. I think that playing a lot on the powerplay helped him during the game. He seemed faster too in the third. It will tale time, but Olofsson is still young and I’m confident that he can have a good season if he stays healthy.

https://www.toutsurlehockey.com/45407/manchettes/tslh/MTL/2020-09-10/jacob-olofsson-retrouve-son-rythme-apres-une-longue-absence---rapport-de-match/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
To me he's always looked like a D pretending to be a forward.
While Norlinder is a forward posing as a D.

If this is true about Olofson, I wish the organization would just convert him to a D.

I always wished we had dome this with De la Rose at some point early on: amazing physical specimen, great size, great skater, very smart and responsible with the puck, greas t shot, not a single brain cell with an iota of offensive iq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad