Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
yes Telia came in last year and ****ed it up for everyone as before that it was pretty easy to find free streams if you knew where to look. I thought you were talking about this year but now I see you were talking about 2018.
I have still found a bunch of draft year games from finland but they are behind a paywall, it was worth it last year with the high number of great Finns but not this year, besides, Ive seen Lundell quite a bit.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's one thing to look at stats and see that they have not progressed. Everybody can do that. We have to take into consideration a few things while statwatching.

- The scoring in Liiga is very low; only 3 players are over a ppg rate.
- Ylonen is not placed on a position to succed, playing on the 2nd line on a team that doesn't produce offensively. He is also the top scorer on that line.

So statwatching is fine then? 'Cause that's waht you are doing too...but the other way around. So statswatching is fine. Depends what we want to proove with it. So, it's either players are in a great team and his stats shouldn't reflect his stats that might be too inflated...or...on the contrary, playing on a great team might mean no icetime hence why his stats are so low.....or playing on a weak team but having a lot of points whihc is great 'cause it means he is driving the offense....or playing on a weak team but not improving his stats that might mean his teams sucks balls immensely and even a great performance is not good enough. Here all the scenarios.

My point is that from what I saw WATCHING him....I don't see a dynamic player. Then, yes, in surface quite a few explanations could happen as to why he does not improve his stats. Not entirely against your explanation. Pelicans are awful. But at BEST, the end result here is that NOBODY should put him on a starting lineup next year. NOR should they add him to the list of INCREDIBLE prospects we have that are ready to take charge and make this team great for years to come. There are some questions marks regarding his play. But in no way should he be seen as a bust as well. Not yet.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
So statwatching is fine then? 'Cause that's waht you are doing too...but the other way around. So statswatching is fine. Depends what we want to proove with it. So, it's either players are in a great team and his stats shouldn't reflect his stats that might be too inflated...or...on the contrary, playing on a great team might mean no icetime hence why his stats are so low.....or playing on a weak team but having a lot of points whihc is great 'cause it means he is driving the offense....or playing on a weak team but not improving his stats that might mean his teams sucks balls immensely and even a great performance is not good enough. Here all the scenarios.

My point is that from what I saw WATCHING him....I don't see a dynamic player. Then, yes, in surface quite a few explanations could happen as to why he does not improve his stats. Not entirely against your explanation. Pelicans are awful. But at BEST, the end result here is that NOBODY should put him on a starting lineup next year. NOR should they add him to the list of INCREDIBLE prospects we have that are ready to take charge and make this team great for years to come. There are some questions marks regarding his play. But in no way should he be seen as a bust as well. Not yet.

My point was obviously nobody has watched him play this year (but for the chl games and poster who are from Finland). Nobody should talk about how he's not progressing just because his stats seems to point that way. There are factors and posters named them.

Also, nobody is putting him in our lineup next year. Everybody wants him in Laval.

Reactions: jaffy27

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Who couldve predicted that

to be honest, I lied, its 1 points in his last 8 games, but I already predict hes not going to get anything in the next two.

Maybe a secondary assist off his ass.

Gallagher has only missed five games this year (tonight is the 6th). He played all 82 in each of the previous two year.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I really like the fact that Ylonen is in a good prospect group because he goes under the radar here and will be a nice sleeper in the next training camp. I don’t think he will need a lot of time in Laval before playing for Habs. He will be a top 6 or at least top 9 for us. I could see Caufield-Suzuki-Ylonen on a PP in 2-3 years

Reactions: dralaf

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I made some of his points last week a few posts up, clearly his season is going better then the stats reflect since they are so bad and he's among the top scorers on his team and in the league among U-21 players. It's also looking like he'll hit a career high in goals for sure as he's 1 away from last years totals.

It's going to be very interesting to see if they bring him over or not, I'm guessing they do. I would love to see how he does in Laval next year under Bouchard.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Ylonen has 5 pts less than last season in the same amount of games.
However, he is at the 4th position of his team in term of points this season, while he was 9th last year. His team got weaker.
Can't wait to see him in North America!

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Great, I was hoping they'd convince him to come over after the end of his Liiga season. He's on a god awful team there so I'm hoping he stays with Laval next season instead of going back TBH. He's ready for a different challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad