Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Danault has one point in his last 10 games withour Gallagher, this might be the worst tine to ever make this post.

I don't look at stats only with Danault when trying to find the value to our team. But yeah, Gallagher out is a big issue for the entire team, not just Danault. Plus, Gallagher has missed 5 of the last 6 games. Where did you get your 10 games?

Are you trying to say others are saying Danault is the diving force on that line? Come on man, nobody is saying that. You want Danault demoted but you are too premature with that process. We need to wait for our young centers to mature. You want to promote them and you are not a NHL coach. Make them earn their spots... that is good development.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't look at stats only with Danault when trying to find the value to our team. But yeah, Gallagher out is a big issue for the entire team, not just Danault. Plus, Gallagher has missed 5 of the last 6 games. Where did you get your 10 games?

Are you trying to say others are saying Danault is the diving force on that line? Come on man, nobody is saying that. You want Danault demoted but you are too premature with that process. We need to wait for our young centers to mature. You want to promote them and you are not a NHL coach. Make them earn their spots... that is good development.
Suzuki is literally the best forward on this team and youre still harping about that "too early" bull shit :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Suzuki is literally the best forward on this team and youre still harping about that "too early" bull **** :laugh:

Suzuki has become one of our best forwards as he matured with how the season went along. He still has a ways to go yet on the maturity scale but he is ahead of all our young players. He has earned his spot. Pretty simple.

I think you ignore a lot of things other than points to be honest. I have seen a trend with you on this. Offensive fire power and play makers is important but building a hockey team than can win you a 7 game playoff war is much deeper than that.

I rather build my team to win like the Bruins, Kings, Blackhawks, Blues, Caps more than the Pens. Leafs are build to win with offense only and it won't work. Looks good in the regular season though

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Suzuki has become one of our best forwards as he matured with how the season went along. He still has a ways to go yet on the maturity scale but he is ahead of all our young players. He has earned his spot. Pretty simple.

I think you ignore a lot of things other than points to be honest. I have seen a trend with you on this. Offensive fire power and play makers is important but building a hockey team than can win you a 7 game playoff war is much deeper than that.

I rather build my team to win like the Bruins, Kings, Blackhawks, Blues, Caps more than the Pens. Leafs are build to win with offense only and it won't work. Looks good in the regular season though
The top 6 centers on the teams you named:
Bergeron, Krejci, Carter, Kopitar, Toews, ROR, Schenn

The top 6 center at home :

Phillipdanault.jpg

Also its quite funny of you to dismiss the most effective team build of the past decade (And probably all time, too.)

If Suzuk has earned his spot, why isn't he at center on the first line ? Because thats where he should be.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Suzuki is literally the best forward on this team and youre still harping about that "too early" bull **** :laugh:
I think Tatar is the MVP on offence this year IMO. Suzuki is 2nd to me, Gally would've been up there, but he might miss a chunk of games so idk where I would rank him then.

Reactions: angusyoung

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I disagree. He can be quite dynamic and he has skills for days, but hes playing like a grinder. I don't know why, he flashed a lot, and I mean, a lot of skills in his D year, but ever since, hes been a completely disappointing player. He plays like hes coached by Sly.

Ive expressed concern on his IQ.

Well I didn't see the dynamic aspect of his game and I've seen at least 10ish full games. I guess I wasn't lucky. Skills? Sure. But you need so much more than that. Obviously too soon to give up...but we shouldn't be expecting to see him play a top role for this team.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well I didn't see the dynamic aspect of his game and I've seen at least 10ish full games. I guess I wasn't lucky. Skills? Sure. But you need so much more than that. Obviously too soon to give up...but we shouldn't be expecting to see him play a top role for this team.
I don't disagree with that, I just think he had shown so much in Mestis in 2018 and now hes playing like he's Nick Cousins or something. Its a real shame.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The top 6 centers on the teams you named:
Bergeron, Krejci, Carter, Kopitar, Toews, ROR, Schenn

The top 6 center at home :

Phillipdanault.jpg

Also its quite funny of you to dismiss the most effective team build of the past decade (And probably all time, too.)

If Suzuk has earned his spot, why isn't he at center on the first line ? Because thats where he should be.
Has Cousins and Weal really earned their spots on the PP?

This coach is funny sometimes....I wouldn’t look too much into their personal deployments, missions and ice time allocations

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Has Cousins and Weal really earned their spots on the PP?

This coach is funny sometimes....I wouldn’t look too much into their personal deployments, missions and ice time allocations

Yes they are older than Suzuki, thats why they earned their spots. "Cant lose your room by playing kids" or something like that.

Reactions: 417

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yes they are older than Suzuki, thats why they earned their spots. "Cant lose your room by playing kids" or something like that.
What a trash philosophy that is.......I’m sure they’d lose the room by benching Ren and Stimpy from the PP LOL

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
From watching this year's CHL games, I can tell that his team and teammates absolutely sucked. When he had the puck, his teammates were not positionned in a passing lane/options. He basically had to pull magic out of his ass against stronger teams. I remember being mad and post on here that he should be in Laval instead.

For people who say he didn't progress from last year, I'd love to have a link to stream Liiga's game, even with a proxy... You can't tell if "x" player progress by watching his stat sheets only.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
From watching this year's CHL games, I can tell that his team and teammates absolutely sucked. When he had the puck, his teammates were not positionned in a passing lane/options. He basically had to pull magic out of his ass against stronger teams. I remember being mad and post on here that he should be in Laval instead.

For people who say he didn't progress from last year, I'd love to have a link to stream Liiga's game, even with a proxy... You can't tell if "x" player progress by watching his stat sheets only.

Unfortunately, stat watching is still telling the reality of things. Rarely will you see a guy not progressing offensively and then exploding at the pro level. It will happen, but it's rare. John Marino is a huge exception. Not the norm.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You can use a proxy to watch liiga games

i'm not sure that's true, assuming you are talking about through Telia but from what I understand you have to have a Finnish bank account in order to purchase, which sucks cause their streams are great.

But every so often I've seen some free streams, but they have been few and far between and can't be talked about here.

The only games i got to see of Ylonen this year was in the champions league since they were all streamed for free on youtube.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Unfortunately, stat watching is still telling the reality of things. Rarely will you see a guy not progressing offensively and then exploding at the pro level. It will happen, but it's rare. John Marino is a huge exception. Not the norm.

It's one thing to look at stats and see that they have not progressed. Everybody can do that. We have to take into consideration a few things while statwatching.

- The scoring in Liiga is very low; only 3 players are over a ppg rate.
- Ylonen is not placed on a position to succed, playing on the 2nd line on a team that doesn't produce offensively. He is also the top scorer on that line.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Here's some things to keep in mind,

Ylonen's team has scored just 86 goals so far this season, only 2 teams in Liiga have scored less goals and one of those teams which has scored 3 less goals but in 1 less game.

Ylonen is 3rd on his team in goals with 10, just 1 back of 2nd on the team and 4 back of the team leader. He's on pace for 16 goals, which is a slight uptick from last year (.25 gpg last year, .27 this year) he's on pace for 13 assists, 1 less then last year, on pace for 29 pts a drop from .51 ppg to .48 but with his team not scoring goals of course it's going to be much tougher to put points especially assists.

He's currently tied for 4th in Liiga in U-21 scoring

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
i'm not sure that's true, assuming you are talking about through Telia but from what I understand you have to have a Finnish bank account in order to purchase, which sucks cause their streams are great.

But every so often I've seen some free streams, but they have been few and far between and can't be talked about here.

The only games i got to see of Ylonen this year was in the champions league since they were all streamed for free on youtube.
Yes I think that changed when they started using telia, in 2018 it was another provider.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yes I think that changed when they started using telia, in 2018 it was another provider.

yes Telia came in last year and f***ed it up for everyone as before that it was pretty easy to find free streams if you knew where to look. I thought you were talking about this year but now I see you were talking about 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad