Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Man, that is like inheriting a bunch of mint Archie comics from your great grandfather or something. The best of the lot was Emelin. Talk about filler.

It's like inheriting those comics and letting them rot in a damp basement until the have zero value...
Instead of making sure you get closer to full value.

Which, like in the comic book world, would be considered squandering assets
Archie Comics Value: What Are YOUR Vintage Comic Books Worth?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Even if things turns out bad for him, I'd expect Ylonen to be a 3rd or 4th liner based on his speed alone. I think that's what previous posters were saying when they said he was a sure bet. It's really, really nice having a prospect like him who seems like a very probable future NHLer. He seems to work hard too, it's telling that they got him even before Romanov which they had in such high esteem.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Jesse opened up the scoring tonight

E: 0.5 ppg from third line with 14:50 AVG ice time is pretty good for a 19 year old.

Yes! He attacked the middle ! FFS He needs to do this more often. He's so talented and his hands/shooting in tight are amazing, good things will come if he stops forcing himself to the outside.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If there's something i trust Nieminen to do its to mentor and handle him properly.
Oh well, I was thinking about the possibility the Habs sign him and bring him over for the next season but hearing he is in good hands there and properly developed is reassuring me and makes it more acceptable if ever he spends another season there...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Yolo when he sniped (it's a verb ic) a hella one against the USA in the WJC's Final 2019 - I couldn't believed... Surprised I was.

Being discrete, waiting peacefully into the corners for a shot reception shoulda be his traditional ritual exercises on games.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

good news that he's back and healthy! love his hard work! Hopefully next year he can catch confidence and use his skills more and drive the play instead of keeping it simple in doing little pass as soon a he touches the puck! the kid definitely has a great motor, but he has so much assets he doesn't use it's painful to watch!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
good news that he's back and healthy! love his hard work! Hopefully next year he can catch confidence and use his skills more and drive the play instead of keeping it simple in doing little pass as soon a he touches the puck! the kid definitely has a great motor, but he has so much assets he doesn't use it's painful to watch!
yup agreed. He almost never uses his skills for one on one situations. He likes to go wide, which renders him ineffective unless he can make a nice pass. I wanna see him use all his assets and become that dynamic player.

Reactions: HOPE

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
yup agreed. He almost never uses his skills for one on one situations. He likes to go wide, which renders him ineffective unless he can make a nice pass. I wanna see him use all his assets and become that dynamic player.
i don't realy mind him just going wide, but keeping the puck longer while using his speed to make opponents move and openening lane a bit like Barzal does!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
i don't realy mind him just going wide, but keeping the puck longer while using his speed to make opponents move and openening lane a bit like Barzal does!
I wanna see him in full confidence. Deke players out, hold on to the puck, show you are the man out there. Not your teammates but you. I dont see any of that in his game. He likes to defer a lot, worries me that he might eventually specialize in one aspect and we will never see his full potential

Reactions: HOPE

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Ylonen’s season is over, the pelicans got eliminated! Hope he works hard in the offseason and dominates next year! We’ll also see what happens with kaski, we have alot of body on the rhd in laval and the nhl i doubt he signs here.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Ylonen’s season is over, the pelicans got eliminated! Hope he works hard in the offseason and dominates next year! We’ll also see what happens with kaski, we have alot of body on the rhd in laval and the nhl i doubt he signs here.
Is there a possibility, as slim as it can be, that he gets signed and comes over to play the last few games with the Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad