Speculation: 2018-2019 Sharks Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
The rational me believes this. The sharks fan in me is skeptical. But it all makes sense for him to stay. DW and Hasso have proven to be all in on winning year after year. Considering EK65 came from one of the worst managed team in the league he should be jacked to be here. I was hoping he'd have a career year here to make that easier, and I know he's mentioned he doesn't care about personal accolades, but I'm confident if he signs he'll have some brilliant seasons here.

I mean, relative to pretty much any other player, he's having a brilliant season right now lol.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
He seems like he gets along with the players really well, he seems happy, and I’m sure they’ll give him whatever money he wants. If he doesn’t sign, then he’s had his sights on another team for a long time and no one was going to change his mind.

Reactions: Sysreq

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
He seems like he gets along with the players really well, he seems happy, and I’m sure they’ll give him whatever money he wants. If he doesn’t sign, then he’s had his sights on another team for a long time and no one was going to change his mind.

Which makes zero sense since he's said repeatedly he wanted to stay in Ottawa, entertained their contract offer (and was offended by it) and only left because he pretty much was shoved out the door as hard as he could be. Why would he have his sights on any other team if he was planning to re-sign in Ottawa up until a month or so before being traded? Plus, as crazy as their plans are, Tampa simply cannot afford him, we can.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Which makes zero sense since he's said repeatedly he wanted to stay in Ottawa, entertained their contract offer (and was offended by it) and only left because he pretty much was shoved out the door as hard as he could be. Why would he have his sights on any other team if he was planning to re-sign in Ottawa up until a month or so before being traded? Plus, as crazy as their plans are, Tampa simply cannot afford him, we can.

Yeah.. agreed. All signs point to signing and yet, I’m a shark’s fan so...

Reactions: RockyMTNShark

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Having a hard time with Vlasic and his 7mil contract... Not sure what DW was thinking..
Can we get him to waive? Retain 30%..
Just get him out of here... Montreal ? Toronto?

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Having a hard time with Vlasic and his 7mil contract... Not sure what DW was thinking..
Can we get him to waive? Retain 30%..
Just get him out of here... Montreal ? Toronto?
He's been playing better, I think. It's hard to believe that he fell off so much so quickly. I bet he was injured for the first half.

Sjsharks5

Jan 3, 2019
He's been playing better, I think. It's hard to believe that he fell off so much so quickly. I bet he was injured for the first half.
Agreed. Didn’t see the same aggression in the defensive zone as in previous years. More passive play is not what made Vlasic such a force for years. Aggressive stick play and positioning made it hard to even notice him on the ice because there was hardly ever significant scoring chances against him. When Braun’s mobility was still respectable in his prime years, those two just absolutely controlled the flow of the puck in the defensive zone.

With Vlasic, even if those prime years are behind him, the hope is that his style of play can return to normal. Braun, on the other hand, I think is toast. Lost the skating ability, seems to utterly lack confidence, and doesn’t have the benefit of being paired next to a stud anymore.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

ThePlanet

Aug 13, 2008
San Jose
I like Al Iafrate's slap shot from the point, so would consider him or Doug Bodger instead (this, of course, assumes Sandis Ozolinsh isn't willing join us with Arturs Irbe, taking over Dell's back-up duties)

I would have more confidence in taping Irbe's pads together to form Like Wall, than I do in Dell.

Irbe's equipment is hockey's equivalent to Voltron.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

It hasn't been quick. Vlasic has been bad for 3 seasons now. He has just been terribad this season which makes it feel sudden.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Vlasic and Jones picked a great year to completely shit the bed, sharks always have the worst luck.
Trade for a top 5 player in the league ends up injured a month before the playoffs :shakehead

Reactions: Sandisfan

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think the team will be fine. I think Karlsson will stay with the team. Still if that happens and we don't win a Cup this year we need to address our goalie situation.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think the team will be fine. I think Karlsson will stay with the team. Still if that happens and we don't win a Cup this year we need to address our goalie situation.

Even if jones plays good in the playoffs? We need to find a goalie?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Jones needs to string a week of quality play together before anyone is going to believe he can do that

He just did. Jesus you people have short memories.

From january 7th to today it has been 17 games played. 10 of them have been above .915.

Going exactly a month from january 7th to feb 7th. 7 out of 10 games above .915 with 6 of those being above .925.

I get its easier to blame the goalie instead of actually learning hockey and how to dissect plays but this jones hate is beyond stupid. Yes its not his best year but its also not the teams best effort defensively. People see the big names and the depth that we are supposed to have and just can't fathom that it could be an issue with them.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
He just did. Jesus you people have short memories.

From january 7th to today it has been 17 games played. 10 of them have been above .915.

Going exactly a month from january 7th to feb 7th. 7 out of 10 games above .915 with 6 of those being above .925.

I get its easier to blame the goalie instead of actually learning hockey and how to dissect plays but this jones hate is beyond stupid. Yes its not his best year but its also not the teams best effort defensively. People see the big names and the depth that we are supposed to have and just can't fathom that it could be an issue with them.

Jones has been terrible this season, and there isn't a realistic or strong argument about that.

However, there are plenty of games where he hasn't been given the chance to - the recent Boston game is a prime example. He actually was playing well but the team was bad in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad