2018-2019 Regular Season Discussion: Part III

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
We need the worst possible roster iced, so that we lose in regulation.
So we can draw the flames

I guess that's why Benn, Zuccarello and Bish won't play, we can lose the last two ;)

Calgary has more points, but I see Winnipeg and Nashville as tougher opponents.

Reactions: Devonator

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

I know this game doesn't matter but jeez why not give Val a chance for his first...that 4th line is a defensive disaster also yikes

Nishmoosh.. Nitchootch... Notgonnaplayhereanymore

Sdfkeo1m_1.jpg

Reactions: Elysian

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Jennings might be out of reach, unless we somehow muster a shutout in one of the last two games.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They have to get by SJ first.

With how horrible the Sharks goaltending is i don't think thats going to be a problem . I don't see the Sharks beating anyone with what they have in net .

The defense has been pretty bad too giving up way too many grade A chances that their goalies are incapeable of bailing them out from.

Sharks are a worse version of the 15/16 Stars.

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
So it turns out Cogs was a healthy scratch last night.

Dallas hasn't been good to him - first time he missed games due to injury and first time healthy scratched.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Meh a dumb back to back with travel to end the season when the team has clinched , i don't know if a guy who was dinged up last game should play in both those games.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
So it turns out Cogs was a healthy scratch last night.

Dallas hasn't been good to him - first time he missed games due to injury and first time healthy scratched.

Eh, I suspect there's no way he would've been scratched had he not been injured.

Outside of his effort, he's been rather underwhelming.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Not unexpected . Dowling might stay up as a spare Center i think since he needs waivers albeit i doubt anyone picks him up especially not now.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Thanks to Jim Nill I don't even remember what the roster rules are for the playoffs .

I think they're the same compared to after the deadline outside of that if the AHL is eliminated you can pretty much load up your roster with players from your farm team if you want to. I know in the 2016 playoffs the team had 10+ scratched in round two for the homegames.

I also think the team is still bound by just 4 regular call ups but i'm not sure about that. I did read something about this a couple of days ago when the Leafs called up their third goalie but since i just skimmed it because well its the Leafs i already forgot.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I guess that's why Benn, Zuccarello and Bish won't play, we can lose the last two ;)

Calgary has more points, but I see Winnipeg and Nashville as tougher opponents.
If think we could get past Calgary but I wouldn’t want to play Vegas.

I’d rather stay in our division.

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think this lineup is probably indicative of Game 1's lineup.

Zuccarello takes Pitlick's spot. Pitlick takes Spezza's spot. Lovejoy takes Oleskiak's spot.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean if we're completely accurate Fedun takes Oleksiaks spot and Lovejoy Feduns ^^

serp

Jan 17, 2016
As long as Zuccarello plays in game 1 i don't give a flying f*** why he isn't playing right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad