2018-2019 Regular Season Discussion: Part III

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
They didn't even play badly that homestand. They really struggled to score but played well.

Since the deadline the team has been playing well in every game. Some bad streches in games sure but the team earned themselves the playoff spot.

Yeah they did play good, out shot everyone I think, just couldn't score when they needed a goal

Either way, I'm happy with our team and I the season

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Sounds like Dallas was the top team in the west since the ASG.

If we wouldnt have done so poorly on our big home stand, we'd be competing for the division, but to be fair every team could say "if" at some point in the season

Tied with Vegas at 24 points but Vegas played one game fewer. 11-5-2 vs 11-4-2
Four east teams in front of both.

They surrendered the least amount of goals though. Seven fewer than the next best team and the teams from 2-10 were within seven goals of each other.
Buffalo surrendered 46 more goals during that span :help:

Reactions: Magic Mittens

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Man today is a great today. Enjoying the fact we officially clinched a playoff spot and are in great shape to upset the top teams. Also I’ll be purchasing my Winter Classic tickets tomorrow morning.

Elite day.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man today is a great today. Enjoying the fact we officially clinched a playoff spot and are in great shape to upset the top teams. Also I’ll be purchasing my Winter Classic tickets tomorrow morning.

Elite day.

I'll be buying playoff tickets tomorrow morning :)

Have to wait until the 17th for winter classic tickets though :(

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Makes me wonder if Benn is injured again, hence him getting the rest. Otherwise, you'd think Rads and Seguin would sit too (or perhaps there are just statistical milestones they want to hit?).

Polak is just old and has been a workhorse. He deserves that.

Bishop and Zucc are obviously just coming back from/nursing injuries still.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think game 82 I would like to Faksa, Comeau, Khudobin, and Hintz get a rest. Those three will see a lot of minutes in the post season and we want to keep Dobby healthy in case Bishop is not good to go/gets re-injured.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Khudobin under no circumstances should play both games of the back-to-back . Play Bow if you have to but don't use Dobby twice.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Methot is flying with the team to Chicago.. he was sitting beside Radu on his Insta story.. wahhh

Is he potentially available for playoffs?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Methot is flying with the team to Chicago.. he was sitting beside Radu on his Insta story.. wahhh

Is he potentially available for playoffs?

Methot hell no. He had to have surgery to repair a cartilage defect in his left knee via tissue from someone else IRC .

Found the report about it . No way he's recovered this fast from a procedure like that.

Last edited:

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
There’d also be major cap ramifications to taking him off of IR before the playoffs start, I’d imagine.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There’d also be major cap ramifications to taking him off of IR before the playoffs start, I’d imagine.

Thats not happening anyway .

If there was any indication Methot , or Johns for that matter , was even remotely close to anything resembling playing hockey we'd have at least heard about them skating before practise or something . I doubt they'd be doing that in some hidden compound somewhere so the media can't report on it.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I agree, but I just found it weird that he is traveling with the team to Chicago on the last road game of the year with nothing going on around the game.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Maybe he's retiring and wants to spend sometime with the team.

John's was in the room with the team after the Philadelphia game to celebrate. Also read that the Stars hope along summer for John's will help him towards next year. So theres still hope he may play again

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I know this game doesn't matter but jeez why not give Val a chance for his first...that 4th line is a defensive disaster also yikes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad