Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 4.25.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Do you mean just offensively or defensively as well?

Not sure which part of my post you're inquiring but Rykov compares well relative to Hajek both defensively and offensively. I personally would rank him higher but the difference is not worth a debate.

Similarly, in terms of his development during the last season I think Rykov improved his game a great deal and all around during the past season going from a "forced" 6D-7D on SKA because of a specific KHL requirement to a full fledged 1A-1B pair defenseman with Sochi with more PK than PP special team's play.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
First loss with the national team for Georgiev. 29 saves on 31 shots, giving him 92 on 100 in 4 games. Latvia won in OT

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I will say that Rykov might be the prospect we’re sleeping on the most.

When you get past Miller, I don’t know if you can say Rykov can’t at least hang in the conversation with most any defensive prospect we have.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I will say that Rykov might be the prospect we’re sleeping on the most.

When you get past Miller, I don’t know if you can say Rykov can’t at least hang in the conversation with most any defensive prospect we have.

When looking at our unsigned D prospects I'd rank them like this

1-2: Lundkvist and Miller
3-4: Reunanen and Rykov
5: Själin
6: Gross
7: Ragnarsson
8: no one
9: no one
10: no one
11: Kjellberg

Michal

Apr 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Have you seen Cole Caufield's stats at WCH U18? 5gp, 12g, 3a, 15 tp so far (whole US team plays great). He has had a very good season in USHL/USDP as well. How do you think when will he be picked? Will Rangers be interested in him?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Have you seen Cole Caufield's stats at WCH U18? 5gp, 12g, 3a, 15 tp so far (whole US team plays great). He has had a very good season in USHL/USDP as well. How do you think when will he be picked? Will Rangers be interested in him?

Think he goes to the Oilers at 8.

Only way we get him is to trade up or take him at #2, the latter of which would challenge my fandom.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Maybe if they get another pick for Kreider. I assume the Jets pick will be used on a defenseman.

Reactions: Michal

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

If he's around in the 15-20 range I would definitely consider taking him. I wouldn't move up for him though. He's not a top 10-12 player in this draft to me. The guys I move up for are Byram, Cozens, Dach, Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy and Newhook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad