Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 4.25.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
the news that Ragnarsson would join Rogle was mentioned here a while ago
(including, it's on Steven's chart),
EliteProspects posted it today,
citing this article, posted earlier today
Spännande backlöfte klar för Rögle

I sent him an email 2 months ago (got his email address from the team when I reached out to them) and he said that there was a chance he may not play on the same team next season. I never expected it to be Rögle though. It's great for him. Going from Allsvenskan to SHL instead of HockeyEttan is a good thing

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Didn't see it posted anywhere, but Georgiev is 2-0 for the Russian National Team in the Euro Hockey Challenge. In the same tournament, playing for the Russian Olympic Team, Rykov has one game where he was scoreless and even.

I don't think we have anyone else playing. Russia (National) has 2 games left.

Other than the Worlds, the last big thing, I think, would be the Carlson Cup.

EDIT: Also, the National Team is like the "A" team, and the Olympic Team is like the "B" team. So even though it's not a big tournament and some guys can't make it due to team commitments, it's still a nice feather in Georgiev's cap to be included in the squad.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Didn't see it posted anywhere, but Georgiev is 2-0 for the Russian National Team in the Euro Hockey Challenge. In the same tournament, playing for the Russian Olympic Team, Rykov has one game where he was scoreless and even.

I don't think we have anyone else playing. Russia (National) has 2 games left.

Other than the Worlds, the last big thing, I think, would be the Carlson Cup.

EDIT: Also, the National Team is like the "A" team, and the Olympic Team is like the "B" team. So even though it's not a big tournament and some guys can't make it due to team commitments, it's still a nice feather in Georgiev's cap to be included in the squad.

Correct. Carlson Games (part of the Euro Hockey Tour) is the last tournament before the WC.

It's in Brno this year. Nice arena. Hope to get a good look of Georgiev and Kakko there. Maybe even Reunanen

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yegor Rykov called up for the Olympic team again, playing Serbia, Norway and a "regional team" made up of players from SKA and Cherepovets, in St Petersburg

If anyone ever wonders why my numbers look a bit different for some guys than what you'll see on Elite Prospects or Eurohockey, it's because I only count statistics for legitimate, official tournaments, not these exhibition match things.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Sorry I'm late on a Barron question. He had a more center-like role this year but I think he definitely projects better on the wing.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is Yegor Rykov coming over this year?

Him being invited to the Olympic team is most likely one of the reasons he is still in Russia. That and the team not wanting to give up his rights. Unlike Kravtsov and Shestyorkin, who seem to be done for the season, Rykov is still playing so there are no negotiations yet

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the news that Ragnarsson would join Rogle was mentioned here a while ago
(including, it's on Steven's chart),
EliteProspects posted it today,
citing this article, posted earlier today
Spännande backlöfte klar för Rögle

FYI noticed today that Niklas Hansson,
RHD who'd played last 2 seasons w Dallas's AHL affiliate,
will rejoin Rogle, he had played 2 full seasons for them while they were demoted
Niklas Hansson Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Ny hemvändare klar - Niklas Hansson till Rögle

a potential mentor/partner for Ragnarsson

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Georgiev stopped 18/20 in a 4-2 Russia win over Latvia. Euro Hockey Challenge.

Any idea why Buch is not over there? I haven't seen any updates re. his health or post-NHL season plans and quite surprised not seeing him with the National team.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Is Yegor Rykov coming over this year?
I doubt it. Frankly I don't think he's a priority for the Rangers. Hope I wrong but I see a gap between the Rangers brass and this board on Rykov. But I'm just going off my gut.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I doubt it. Frankly I don't think he's a priority for the Rangers. Hope I wrong but I see a gap between the Rangers brass and this board on Rykov. But I'm just going off my gut.

Rykov is still playing, so that would explain the lack of negotiations between the Rangers and Rykov.

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Rykov is at least on par with Hajek. He’s taken one of the bigger steps in his development among all of the Rangers prospects this season.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Georgiev getting the nod again for Russia today. Euro Hockey Challenge. Should be underway soon.

Reunanen not playing for Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad