2018-2019 Prospect Development Tracker II

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
“Too early to compare a player excelling in the pros to other prospects”

I mean Oettinger has been excellent at BU too and Jokiharju hasn't been that good since Quennville was fired. His AHL number aren't that impressive . I mean Honka had excellent AHL numbers as a teenager as well and look how that turned out.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
How would yall rank the Stars prospects? Let's say top 10-15

Not including Hintz cause I think we can all agree he is a NHLer now.

Prospects: (I'm probably forgetting some)

Jason Robertson
Ty Dellandrea
Denis Gurianov
Albin Eriksson
Riley Damiani
Tye Felhaber
Jake Oettinger
Joe Cecconi
Riley Tufte
Ben Gleason
Adam Mascherin
Liam Hawel
Nick Caamano
Joel L'Esperance
Gavin Bayreuther (older but I guess still a prospect)
Colton Point
Jakob Stenqvist

Others: Curtis Douglas, John Nyberg, Oskar Back, Rhett Gardner and anyone else I'm forgetting that you think is worthy of top 15, although I don't think they are

Dellandra
Robertson
Oettinger
Gurianov
Eriksson
Damiani
Cecconi
L’Esperance
Back
Tufte
Hawel
Mascherin
Bayreuther
Gleason
Point

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I'm going real hard on Tufte just to spite Nill.

Jason Robertson
Jake Oettinger
Ty Dellandrea
Denis Gurianov
Riley Damiani
Tye Felhaber
Ben Gleason
Albin Eriksson
Colton Point
Gavin Bayreuther
Joe Cecconi
Adam Mascherin
Nick Caamanno
Jakob Stenqvist
Joel L'Esperance
Liam Hawel
Riley Tufte

This seems about right. Is Point really struggling a lot now? Never thought he was going to be better than Otter (maybe draft pedigree, who knows) but thought he was playing nearly equal?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
This seems about right. Is Point really struggling a lot now? Never thought he was going to be better than Otter (maybe draft pedigree, who knows) but thought he was playing nearly equal?

I had him higher initially, right ahead of Felhaber. He's had a tough first pro year which isn't unheard of for a goalie obviously, and he was by far the guy I had the toughest time ranking. Even Otter is a crapshoot really, so I went with a bias of recent play because ultimately I am not a goalie scout and I never see these guys play.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Hold up now, the Stars should have never drafted Jokiharju according to the almighty BPA!, it should have been Tolvanen. And isn't that who so many were whining about not drafting at this time last year? But now that his development seems to have stalled for a bit, it's time to shift those goalposts and act like Jokiharju was always the BPA!, right?

Of course, I'm sure if Tolvanen's development gets back on track soon, he will always have been the correct choice and it would never have been Jokiharju. :sarcasm:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hold up now, the Stars should have never drafted Jokiharju according to the almighty BPA!, it should have been Tolvanen. And isn't that who so many were whining about not drafting at this time last year? But now that his development seems to have stalled for a bit, it's time to shift those goalposts and act like Jokiharju was always the BPA!, right?

Of course, I'm sure if Tolvanen's development gets back on track soon, he will always have been the correct choice and it would never have been Jokiharju. :sarcasm:

no idea where this is coming from, nobody is bitching, just me daydreaming about jokiharju and a solid D pipeline

i would take tolvanen though

you can check my receipts- but i wanted Robertson at 26 and was completely fine w/ Oettinger and then satisfied on day two of the draft.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

I'd still happily take Tolvanen over Oettinger, which is who I wanted at 26.

Goal post didn't move, but maybe just maybe the Stars will have finally been the smartest person in the room. Something about a broken clock being right twice a day even if it is wrong 1438 other times.
Then again if i was in charge of the draft since Nill took over we'd have radically different, and better choices than we do and not need Tolvanen at all and maybe need Jokiharju more since we most definitely wouldn't have finished bad enough to get Heiskanen.

Drafting since round 2 of 15 has been solid at worst. Aside from Tufte.
I don't agree with this at all.
We've got 1-2 blue chip prospects not including Heiskanen (Robertson and maybe Damiani)
and a bunch of potential bottom 6 type guys. I don't call that solid, but to each there own i guess

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I still like the Oettinger pick. Yeah goalies are vodoo but he's done nothing to persuade me he isn't a very good goaltending prospect and the team needs a good goaltender the worst way possible not that far down the line. Bishop isn't getting any younger and most importantly less injury prone .

I doubt he would've been available with the pick that became Robertson ( Stars traded up IRC ) and i like who we picked later anyway so whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smelling Salt

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
How would yall rank the Stars prospects? Let's say top 10-15

Not including Hintz cause I think we can all agree he is a NHLer now.

Prospects: (I'm probably forgetting some)

Jason Robertson
Damiani
Felhaber
Joseph Cecconi
Ben Gleason
Gavin Bayreuther
Ty Dellandrea
Albin Eriksson
Jake Oettinger
Colton Point
Adam Mascherin
Liam Hawel
Nick Caamano
Joel L'Esperance

Jakob Stenqvist
Denis Gurianov
Riley Tufte

Others: Curtis Douglas, John Nyberg, Oskar Back, Rhett Gardner and anyone else I'm forgetting that you think is worthy of top 15, although I don't think they are
I'd say
#1.Robertson
#2.Damiani
#3.Felhaber
#4.Cecconi
#5a.Dellandrea
#5b.Gleason
#7.Bayreuther
#8. Mascherin
#9.Eriksson
#10.Oettinger
HM: Point, Hawel

I'm of the opinion that Bayreuther is a better option now than Oleksiak. I'd also take him in virtually every situation over Lovejoy or Fedun( PK being the only exception for Lovejoy) but believe Gleason and Cecconi have higher ceilings than him

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
I'd say
#1.Robertson
#2.Damiani
#3.Felhaber
#4.Cecconi
#5a.Dellandrea
#5b.Gleason
#7.Bayreuther
#8. Mascherin
#9.Eriksson
#10.Oettinger
HM: Point, Hawel

I'm of the opinion that Bayreuther is a better option now than Oleksiak. I'd also take him in virtually every situation over Lovejoy or Fedun( PK being the only exception for Lovejoy) but believe Gleason and Cecconi have higher ceilings than him
1.Robertson
2.Dellandrea
3.Gurianov
4.Oettinger
5.Ceccioni
6.Damiani
7.Eriksson
8.Mascherin
9.Felhaber
10.Hawel

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I don't agree with this at all.
We've got 1-2 blue chip prospects not including Heiskanen (Robertson and maybe Damiani)
and a bunch of potential bottom 6 type guys. I don't call that solid, but to each there own i guess

That’s the point. These are pretty much all guys that look like they’ll see NHL time with some high end guys scattered in. You can’t say that for a lot of orgs. Gurianov looks like a top 9 player. So does Mascherin. Robertson looks like a top 6. Damiani has something, so does Ty. On and on. It’s not perfect, but it’s been much better than in years past. Nill probably isn’t under nearly as much scrutiny if he just let these boys play and didn’t sign bottom six/bottom pairing vets all the time. Development is infuriating, but I’m gonna give credit where credit is due as far as selection for the past few years.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
That’s the point. These are pretty much all guys that look like they’ll see NHL time with some high end guys scattered in. You can’t say that for a lot of orgs. Gurianov looks like a top 9 player. So does Mascherin. Robertson looks like a top 6. Damiani has something, so does Ty. On and on. It’s not perfect, but it’s been much better than in years past. Nill probably isn’t under nearly as much scrutiny if he just let these boys play and didn’t sign bottom six/bottom pairing vets all the time. Development is infuriating, but I’m gonna give credit where credit is due as far as selection for the past few years.
I don't have NHL expectations for more than 4-5 players the Stars have physically drafted since 15, which is on par with his 13-15 drafts (Nichushkin, Dickinson, Hintz, Cecconi, Gurianov)

Robertson top6
Damiani top 6
Dellandrea Middle 6
Mascherin Middle 6
Oettinger being the maybe #5

The rest i view as Gemel smith/Remi Ellie types. even if they make the NHL its not in a meaningful role and they probably shouldn't be playing

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Every Dallas CHL prospect still in the playoffs in the OHL and WHL is playing tonight.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No points for Felhaber, Robertson, Damiani, and Douglas tonight.

Liam Hawel - 1 assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad