2018/2019 OHL playoff prediction thread

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So third round picks-

Ottawa - Oshawa - Ottawa in 5
Saginaw - Guelph - Saginaw in 6
Many talking about Keyser being a factor but the same was said about UPL and he really was not. Ottawa is just too deep.
Saginaw with home ice and the better goalie should take this. Guelph will also have to come down from beating London so I could see them lose focus in the first game and probably not recover.

Fyi - entry into the 3rd round closes tonight at 7.

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
So third round picks-

Ottawa - Oshawa - Ottawa in 5
Saginaw - Guelph - Saginaw in 6
Many talking about Keyser being a factor but the same was said about UPL and he really was not. Ottawa is just too deep.
Saginaw with home ice and the better goalie should take this. Guelph will also have to come down from beating London so I could see them lose focus in the first game and probably not recover.

Fyi - entry into the 3rd round closes tonight at 7.
Your giving to much credit to your team... Sudbury is not Oshawa.. by know means.. Oshawa can adapt as shown by playing the dogs and beating them in 6.. the same will happen against your over confident poles.. Oshawa in 6.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The disrespect is on another level :laugh:

You could also say Guelph's 1st line vs Saginaw then, or last series Guelph beat the London Bouchard's :sarcasm:
Lol! I was one of the first posters to say watch out for the Gens, they can compete with anyone. Plus I really like Keyser as you can tell--he reminds me of Parsons in the way he battles. Parsons met his match in game 7 against Erie. I'm afraid Keyser will suffer a similar fate against Ottawa but in 6. Should be a great series--best of luck!

Reactions: ottersguy

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I was thrown by Ottawa beating Sudbury with UPL in 4. So I went out on a limb with another sweep. If Oshawa goes to a game 7 or wins the series after the trade with Niagara they deserve a gold medal.

Reactions: WaW

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Lol! I was one of the first posters to say watch out for the Gens, they can compete with anyone. Plus I really like Keyser as you can tell--he reminds me of Parsons in the way he battles. Parsons met his match in game 7 against Erie. I'm afraid Keyser will suffer a similar fate against Ottawa but in 6. Should be a great series--best of luck!

The difference for Parsons that series was that Erie had poor goaltending and London had a lot of depth around him. Ottawa has DiPietro though so nobody will think that they lose the goalie battle

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I was thrown by Ottawa beating Sudbury with UPL in 4. So I went out on a limb with another sweep. If Oshawa goes to a game 7 or wins the series after the trade with Niagara they deserve a gold medal.

Despite being so simple, this ended up being the best logic lol. At the end of the day it was one great team, three good but flawed teams, and the rest in the east. The way the eastern bracket played out reflected that.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Edit: going with Oshawa in 7.

East
1 Ottawa vs 8 Hamilton - 67s in 4
2 Niagara vs 7 North Bay - Ice Dogs in 5
3 Oshawa vs 6 Peterborough - Generals in 7
4 Sudbury vs 5 Mississauga - Wolves in 5

West
1 London vs 8 Windsor - Knights in 5
2 Saginaw vs 7 Sarnia - Spirit in 4