2018-2019 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I put more emphasis on the 5 year stint he had with the Cats than a 5 game sample size. Even the Nuckles' fans don't think, at least not yet, that the guy has turned a page for the better. I think it's just funny that there's so much talk over such an inconsequential player: a fringe top4 player on a good day, on a bad day you are left wonder how this guy is even in the league, etc. Pysyk and Petro are pretty much gone after this season when they start to demand relatively speaking a lot of money and a lot of term for their services considering when there should be a lot of other options to replace them.

I agree to cool the jets on him winning Norris, he had one good year as a Panther and looks to be having another one right now. We've seen other late blooming D-men around the league, he still has enough skills to be a serviceable #4 on a younger team.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I'd prefer Gudbranson and Weegar over the other two. Pair him with Yandle on the 2nd pairing and Weegar stays on the 3rd.

In theory he would be exposed playing 20mins a game but right now he isnt, hes not a minus player and putting up a 30pt pace. Could easily finish with 20-25pts and maybe finally put it together at 26 years old? Let's keep an eye on his season and discuss at a later date.
Started quickly last year too. Take a look at the Nucks leading the Pacific with a negative GAs and one of the worst defenses in the West.

The fact that Guds is a major player on that blueline is a good thing for him, but will ultimately not change the bottom line of their season.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Morrissey just dumped Oshie to ice like matheson vs petterson. Announcers praise good
Tough play. Exact same scenario that happens all the time and exact same as matheson play except oshie is a grown man

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Morrissey just dumped Oshie to ice like matheson vs petterson. Announcers praise good
Tough play. Exact same scenario that happens all the time and exact same as matheson play except oshie is a grown man
A rook like Petterson should NEVER have gotten that call over an established player like Matheson but you know, Panthers.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
People are forgetting the amount of bitching and moaning that Vancouver fans did to get that to happen. They burned their own city down.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
It says here the early estimate is 3-4 weeks?

If so, we play Tampa twice over that period... should take advantage of this and try to get as many points as possible.

Not sure how bad the fracture is, but I would imagine at least 2 months out with recovery added in. Could be wrong tho

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Couldn't believe the amount of empty seats in Chicago last night.
Tell that to the guy from Edmonton who complained about empty seats at the BB&T and has never watched a Panthers game. He was insulted that all of S Florida couldn't be bothered to notice the best player in Hockey was in town. I reminded him that Crosby wasn't playing and no one in Florida should really care about Edmonton. I mean really....

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Tell that to the guy from Edmonton who complained about empty seats at the BB&T and has never watched a Panthers game. He was insulted that all of S Florida couldn't be bothered to notice the best player in Hockey was in town. I reminded him that Crosby wasn't playing and no one in Florida should really care about Edmonton. I mean really....
I mean ya kind of dumb on his part but u don’t really think Crosby is better do u?

Reactions: I am not exposed

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad