2018-2019 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I watch Rittich in Calgary being eased into hopefully becoming a starter and I once again wish we had signed some promising U24 goalie from Europe two or three years ago in a no-risk-possibly-high-reward more. Ah well.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Buffalo leads the NHL :)
I saw that. One good defenseman and getting rid of a player or two and a new coach.

And Montreal is doing better than expected. With a proven coach.

And Columbus doing well despite personnel issues and contract distractions. With a proven coach.

Blah blah.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I saw that. One good defenseman and getting rid of a player or two and a new coach.

And Montreal is doing better than expected. With a proven coach.

And Columbus doing well despite personnel issues and contract distractions. With a proven coach.

Blah blah.
They actually have really good defense on that team. Dahlin, Risto, and Scandella are better than anyone we have.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
They actually have really good defense on that team. Dahlin, Risto, and Scandella are better than anyone we have.
Can’t argue against that, although Dahlin took them to a new level by spreading the wealth.

We could be ok if we promoted MacD, traded one of Ek/Math (for another defenseman), and stopped playing Petro and Pysyk.

(With a new coach.)

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Buffalo isn't doing anything that great. I feel like they're going to come back down to earth or are this year's Vegas.

I've watched a few games and they're solid defensively but they're not a dominant team. They're getting great goaltending though. Give them ours and they're in last place. They have one of the best performing duos in the league. Offensively they're pretty average with Skinner scoring at an unsustainable pace. Their PP is not very good, their PK is very strong (see goaltending), and their 5 on 5 play is solid but not spectacular.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I wonder if this means Hakstol is gone too... Flyers fans speculating that Hextall refused to fire him and that's why he got axed.

Watching Flyers games will be less confusing at least.

“Hextall has done a good job finding Hakstol”

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Risto had a bad start but is coming around now, Scandella is meh. What happened to Pysyk, always thought you liked him?

Year 1, he was probably our 1st or 2nd best defender but he had considerable OZ starts.
Year 2, he fell apart, missed coverages, bobbling the puck, giveaways. (played with Matheson who was a sophomore)
Year 3, he's been mostly injured but came back recently and is just "there", which is normal for him but he hasn't shown much. No pts in 5 games after a month long injury but he's getting a ton of DZ starts which makes sense.

At this point, most if not all Panther fans have concluded Weegar will stay and continue to improve/impress while Pysyk and Petrovic find new teams.
I was personally hoping Pysyk could have a bounce back year and Ekblad-Pysyk-Weegar would be a decent trio on RD but we have a glaring hole and dire need of a defensive minded top 4 RD. (Weegar is our best hope currently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad