Line Combos: 2018 -2019 Line/D Pairing discussions & proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I mean you can’t really mess this up. I’m DeBrusk/Bergeron/TarasenkoHeinen would work well, too.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Works for me. I feel Bergeron will be more capable of leading two younger players than Krejci is. Heck if Donato JFK and Heinen continue to click, I wouldn't mess with them either. Could be the makings of real good 3rd line. Bergeron with Debrusk and Backes could be an awesome 2 way line. Hopefully at some point we have enough healthy bodies to make it a dilemma.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Works for me. I feel Bergeron will be more capable of leading two younger players than Krejci is. Heck if Donato JFK and Heinen continue to click, I wouldn't mess with them either. Could be the makings of real good 3rd line. Bergeron with Debrusk and Backes could be an awesome 2 way line. Hopefully at some point we have enough healthy bodies to make it a dilemma.

I guess I'd say... try it. Still believe they need a top six winger, and you can't "hope" that JFK or other prospects will C a third line.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that #46 & present company have done well of late. Bergeron centering others on a "second line" is intriguing.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins G M.needs to get another top 6 winger and if and when Bergeron comes back you put him with Marchand and Pasta again.My reason.Bergeron on that line gets more ice and can matchup with any other teams top line forcing them to play Bruins matchups .Bergeron on 2nd line and using him to shut down top lines means Bruins top wingers of Marchand and Pasta will be out less because other teams play their top players more are the odds.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
On the basis of three games?

Nah.

Take that up with Mr. Kalman.

Initially, I thought, no. The more I think about it the more I don't mind giving it a go. I don't believe any of the young C placed in the middle of Brad or David have worked. With #46, it's worked for a few games. At this point all three are highly skilled NHLers who *should* produce.

The point is, if the trio above can continue to find success, why not try Patrice with some other, skilled wingers? #42 would not work, in my opinion. Bergeron, DeBrusk and player X? For a few games, anyway.

The solution still appears outside the organization. In the interim, give it a go.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I mean its not like any decision is permanent

Once Bergy is back, I see no reason you don't keep that line rolling til it gets cold. What have you got to lose?

And if Bergeron isn't producing offensively then you switch it back as well

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Marchand-Krejci-Pasta ain't the best line in hockey, but they're playing well.

That said, it is an interesting concept. Would be cool to see DeBrusk and Bergeron play together.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
TIme will tell. DK is a heck of a player. Let see how that line can manage the opponents big line in big games.

Put Bergeron on the fourth line... you will have the best 4 th line in hockey. And you won’t mess with this actual line up....and you won’t be a one line team.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'd try it to start. I mean Bergeron has done such an amazing job in helping Marchand develop into a elite two-way player and even in the last 2 years we've seen Pasta make big improvements defensively. Give Bergeorn: DeBrusk and Bjork and let him work his magic.

Reactions: Ratty

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'd try it to start. I mean Bergeron has done such an amazing job in helping Marchand develop into a elite two-way player and even in the last 2 years we've seen Pasta make big improvements defensively. Give Bergeorn: DeBrusk and Bjork and let him work his magic.

Has Bjork even been the best prospect in PRO since he went down? Not being sarcastic, asking. I would try Heinen there first. I know that there has been some chemistry with the “kid” trio, but that seems to be primarily in the offensive zone. Donato in particular still seems to be having D zone issues.

Personally, I think “the plan” should be for every B’s prospect to spend at least a full year (or most of one) in the AHL ala DeBrusl and Heinen. If they develop faster and deserve a call up, great, but otherwise let them percolate.

They should have done that with both Bjork and Donato.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Has Bjork even been the best prospect in PRO since he went down? Not being sarcastic, asking. I would try Heinen there first. I know that there has been some chemistry with the “kid” trio, but that seems to be primarily in the offensive zone. Donato in particular still seems to be having D zone issues.

Personally, I think “the plan” should be for every B’s prospect to spend at least a full year (or most of one) in the AHL ala DeBrusl and Heinen. If they develop faster and deserve a call up, great, but otherwise let them percolate.

He's playing a P/GP pace since going down, but I can't speak for his overall game because I don't get to see him play. @BruinsNetwork could probably give some better insight.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Maybe they need to ask Bergy who he wants to play with?
You know he'll say it doesn't matter to him.

Although I suspect he would prefer to stay with Marchand and Pasta.

He finally gets to have offensive fun and then gets hurt. :(

But I do think it would be interesting to see what he and DeBrusk could do.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

I think you are right with the kids playing in AHL for at lesst 1 year. As for Bjork i do beleive he is extremely talented. He will be a very good player for the team futur.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I make of it that they have enough top end talent to assemble one very productive line and that secondary scoring is and will continue to be an issue regardless of who centers the seconds line barring an injection of more talent.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I like the idea of breaking up the top line not just inserting Krejci with everyone healthy. I'm not sure the best way to do it but something like the following might work.

Debrusk-Bergeron-Pasta
Marchand-Krejci-Senyshun
Donato-JFK-Heinen

I was skeptical of Seny this year but he is scoring goals right in front of the net which I could see working well with Marchand and Krejci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna