Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread *Part X*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Wolfpack blogger, Ricky Milliner on his twitter account agrees with you:

"Majority of the guys has regressed this year. From what I have watched, we should look into the coaching & management of the group. They initially had a good roster on paper, but it did not work out. Just one of many questions this season I have.

Joey Bones asks whether anyone sees a coaching change? I haven't seen enough games to feel comfortable about stating an opinion. But coming into the season I did think this team had a good mix of veteran talent and prospects. Perhaps we overvalued the talent. But when you see the team underperforming and more importantly prospects not growing you have to question the coaching. If there is a coaching change I wouldn't be surprised.

Some have questioned trading Schneider and Holland as showing the Rangers don't care about Hartford. I don't agree. I thought this year's team had the best talent since JT Miller, McIlrath and Oscar Lindberg were on the team four years ago. Hartford was not playing consistently well with Schneider and Holland and was not in a playoff spot and was not trending in a positive direction. While both Schneider and Holland are very AHL scorers, neither has the talent to be a top 6 NHL forward and their games do not lend themselves to being NHL bottom line grinders. Both were UFAs with no guarantee of coming back. The Rangers got back a promising right handed defenseman, which they lack in Hartford, and a guy who might be a fourth liner at the NHL level. Much better than the days when the Rangers traded prospects for washed up veterans.

BTW, in terms of asset management, Gorton picked up Adam Cracknell on waivers, traded him to Montreal for Holland who performed well in his time at Hartford and turned Holland into Raddysh.

He's not. Not lately. The whole team has been horrid. The only prospects that have been doing anything lately, IMO, have been Lettieri, Gropp, Gettinger, and Lindgren. Day had a nice weekend but is still meh. Andersson has been pretty bad, Fontaine has been invisible for a while now, and Meskanen has fallen off a cliff and might be injured (I know he just missed some games but I don't know why). Crawley is injured, Bigras seems to have stagnated, and Hajek looks defeated. He looks like he's aware he hasn't been playing very well and it's taking a toll on him, making it even worse.

Halverson alternates good and bad games. Thinking he's gone.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
In hindsight maybe they should have convinced Quinn to bring a winning environment to Hartford and let AV stay a year longer to facillitate the tank. Although I guess that could have had negative consequences in NY for the players there.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
In hindsight maybe they should have convinced Quinn to bring a winning environment to Hartford and let AV stay a year longer to facillitate the tank. Although I guess that could have had negative consequences in NY for the players there.
Quinn played hardball in negotiating his deal with the Rangers. I don't think he would have left the prestigious BU, where he was well-compensated, to coach an AHL team, even if he was "promised" it was just for a year.

Reactions: lilphildub

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Hartford can start by hiring more than one assistant coach. The one assistant coach they have only had one year of college coaching experience prior to being hired by the pack last year (original story was by Adam Herman).

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Portland makes another move:

Jason Salvaggio to Hartford and reassigned to Wichita Thunder; Wichita sends former Islanders draftee Taylor Cammarata TO Portland; Cammarata was originally signed by South Carolina in 2017, started the current season in Norfolk and was dealt to the Thunder last month

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Hartford can start by hiring more than one assistant coach. The one assistant coach they have only had one year of college coaching experience prior to being hired by the pack last year (original story was by Adam Herman).

Think McCambridge should stay on assisting and just bring in a better HC ? That could be good, not totally fire the guy for having a trash bin roster to work with and all.

* I also think we should’ve just let Chytil, Howdy & Lias stay down there and murder the A while we definitively tanked, but what the f*** do I know?

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I work in the 21st, live in the 9th. We definitely should, man! Maybe a Vienna Caps game?

Whereabouts in the 21st? Up Brünner or Prager Str.? Never really liked the Caps except when a couple of friends played with them, but if Phil Lakos is back in the lineup, a Caps game is a serious possibility for the 1st ever Vienna WafflePack Fan Meeting lol

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Whereabouts in the 21st? Up Brünner or Prager Str.? Never really liked the Caps except when a couple of friends played with them, but if Phil Lakos is back in the lineup, a Caps game is a serious possibility for the 1st ever Vienna Wafflepack Fan Meeting lol

Brunnerstrasse, near the Obi/MediaMarkt. If Lakos isn't playing, we can just grab a beer and play some pool at Koo at Donauplex

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Think McCambridge should stay on assisting and just bring in a better HC ? That could be good, not totally fire the guy for having a trash bin roster to work with and all.

* I also think we should’ve just let Chytil, Howdy & Lias stay down there and murder the A while we definitively tanked, but what the f*** do I know?
I haven’t liked him as a coach after the huge regression this year, but I’d be willing to give him another shot and let him bring in another coach.

If they want to be unique, they should try and bring Rickard Gronberg over.

Reactions: Rongomania

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Burn Hartford’s coaching staff to the ground and start fresh next year

If you really want to go off the wall, throw big money at Marty St Louis to coach Hartford. I want Marty back in the organization in some form.

Reactions: Osminator

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I haven’t liked him as a coach after the huge regression this year, but I’d be willing to give him another shot and let him bring in another coach.

If they want to be unique, they should try and bring Rickard Gronberg over.
Should look for a coach from the CHL but that's just my opinion

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Should look for a coach from the CHL but that's just my opinion
They could also look at other AHL coaching staffs for assistants. I think they should move on from McCambridge, though. This year has been unacceptable. They started out okay and then completely collapsed. It's terrible. Last year was disappointing as well. They haven't had a Calder Cup-caliber roster or anything, but certainly this year they had enough solid veterans and talented younger players that they should have been at least in the mix for a playoff spot.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Nell recall does seem odd but Hartford blogger, Greg Markiewicz, tweeted that Halverson may be dealing with an injury so that may be the rather benign explanation.

But I sure was thinking how good a Tokarski for a 2020 7th round pick would look.

Hartford signed some guy to a PTO, Zac Lynch, RW, looks like he sucks.

They also recalled Nell. Incoming Tokarski for a 2020 7th? LOL.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
They could also look at other AHL coaching staffs for assistants. I think they should move on from McCambridge, though. This year has been unacceptable. They started out okay and then completely collapsed. It's terrible. Last year was disappointing as well. They haven't had a Calder Cup-caliber roster or anything, but certainly this year they had enough solid veterans and talented younger players that they should have been at least in the mix for a playoff spot.

Who was that European(?) coach NYR were interested in during their coach search? The name Rikard Gronborg looks familiar. Maybe they take another look at him for the AHL gig, maybe with the hope that he could take over for Quinn eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad