Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread *Part X*

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
He's not. Not lately. The whole team has been horrid. The only prospects that have been doing anything lately, IMO, have been Lettieri, Gropp, Gettinger, and Lindgren. Day had a nice weekend but is still meh. Andersson has been pretty bad, Fontaine has been invisible for a while now, and Meskanen has fallen off a cliff and might be injured (I know he just missed some games but I don't know why). Crawley is injured, Bigras seems to have stagnated, and Hajek looks defeated. He looks like he's aware he hasn't been playing very well and it's taking a toll on him, making it even worse.

Halverson alternates good and bad games. Thinking he's gone.

Sounds like a great environment for developing talent.

Unfortunately the Rangers don’t appear to take their AHL affiliate’s success too seriously. They let a lame ass coach like Gernarder stay here for a millienia then replaced him with some in hire. Just a disaster on every level and a massive disappointment, but I’m pretty used to Hartford being useless.

Reactions: Rangers743

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Anyway, while I think Fogarty is probably done here (he himself may want to leave for a shot elsewhere), I could totally get behind bringing him back. He wears an A in Hartford and is one of the few players whose effort can't really be questioned. He's been good all season and seems to have figured out how to be a very good player at that level. He can play all three situations and be effective with skills guys or other utility players. Nice guy to have. And I think he can step into the NHL in a pinch and do fine on the fourth line, maybe not picking up points but working the cycle, playing hard in the corners, backchecking, etc.
Whether he stays or goes I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Steven Fogarty after reading the updates on how he was doing on the Penticton Vees in the BCHL with Mario Lucia and the Reilly brothers. Back then we literally had no prospects other than Kreider, Miller and Skjei (unless you wanted to count Zuccarello as a prospect), so we were very excited about him putting up 1.19 PPG (though he was 6th on the team in scoring). He was a guy you (or at least I) subsequently forgot about during his college days with less eye-catching numbers, but it's been nice seeing him re-emerge as one of the better players on the Pack and he was really impressive in the pre-season this year where I thought he deserved a spot over Howden. He couldn't perform as well in his cup of coffee later, but I think he still has the potential to make it as a 4th liner in the show.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
One ‘explanation’ for HFDs struggles is definitely that we pretty early under Gernander’s regime started to shift focus from getting our hands on the best AHLers to getting really strong character guys. We had some strong teams that seemed to quite on us a few times, and even if I don’t remember all the details I definitely recall that the shift was pretty obvious when it was made.

They need to build up that winning structure.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Sean Day is starting to look comfortable in the AHL, defensive game is still raw but improving and he's finally starting to skate with the puck a bit more, not playing the super simple game he has been in the AHL. I get why he's done it, big step up in competition and i assume coaches have been telling him to keep it simple, he's overdid it until the last week or so, he's too good of a skater and stickhandler to just keep it simple.

Longshot still but he's improving :)

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
One ‘explanation’ for HFDs struggles is definitely that we pretty early under Gernander’s regime started to shift focus from getting our hands on the best AHLers to getting really strong character guys. We had some strong teams that seemed to quite on us a few times, and even if I don’t remember all the details I definitely recall that the shift was pretty obvious when it was made.

They need to build up that winning structure.
could it be that the philosophy within the front office going away from Gernander and Schoenfeld, to Drury, Briere, et all changed.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Can't think of a single good thing about Holland.
stroopwafel-syrup-caramel-waffle_small2.jpg

As far as it goes.

Reactions: Turbosperg

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I imagine Raddysh will be on the second pairing at most until Gilmour/O'Gara are eventually traded (since they're pending UFAs)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Dude, don't even start. Those are Dutch. Belgian waffles are completely different from Dutch stroopwafels! :mad:

After reading about them in a book, I’ve made Dutch panncakes a few times. A thick pan cake is put in the oven, then you put sugar, butter and lemon juice on it when it’s done. I’ve used a recipe from Martha Stewert: Martha's Dutch Baby Pancake

Do you have any tips on how to make them? Best national recipe?

Think they are great because you just need to be by the stove for like 2-3 min when you get home with the kids and have to rush away to some practice.

Reactions: darko

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
After reading about them in a book, I’ve made Dutch panncakes a few times. A thick pan cake is put in the oven, then you put sugar, butter and lemon juice on it when it’s done. I’ve used a recipe from Martha Stewert: Martha's Dutch Baby Pancake

Do you have any tips on how to make them? Best national recipe?

Think they are great because you just need to be by the stove for like 2-3 min when you get home with the kids and have to rush away to some practice.

Dutch pancakes aren't prepared in an oven. I will make you some next time I am in Sweden

Reactions: Ola

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Why are we not resigning an All-Star AHL dman?

We can't force Gilmour to stay,
he likely sees lindgren, hajek and rykov, at least, ahead of him,
behind the 3 NHL vet LHDs on multiyear deals

I continue to hope we trade him this week, his value may never be higher

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Further update from Markiewicz twitter:

This trade was likely made to replace Chris Bigras as he's likely done for the season with an ankle injury

Bigras hurt in Wednesday game. From Greg Markiewicz twitter account.

"The Pack also may have lost defenseman Chris Bigras for a period of time as he appeared to suffer a knee or ankle injury, the Pack signed 2 defensemen to PTO deals, Derek Pratt and Matt Finn #HWP #HartCity #FeelTheImPACKt"

Look forward to your report. 3-3 late in the 3rd. Hartford outshooting Bridgeport 25-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad