2018-2019 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
TJ and MJ just fit so well on a unit together though. They're both really fast but still good at staying in lanes.

While I think our PK was a *little* worse than it was in previous games last night, I have to say we are so much better at (smartly) pressuring the guy with the puck. It's such a refreshing change from our passive-ass box.
I don't think it's that bad if you can go 5/5 on the PK and say that they were better in previous games.

But yeah there were some opportunities for Detroit to score. Most noticeably when Rasmussen had a wide open net but the puck was in his skates.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
TJ and MJ just fit so well on a unit together though. They're both really fast but still good at staying in lanes.

While I think our PK was a *little* worse than it was in previous games last night, I have to say we are so much better at (smartly) pressuring the guy with the puck. It's such a refreshing change from our passive-ass box.

His PK is nice but I think everybody has enjoyed his offense much more, Callahan to his credit worked well with Joseph on a unit as well (they also had a SH rush), that's a guy I'd rather see blocking shots than TJ.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think it's that bad if you can go 5/5 on the PK and say that they were better in previous games.

But yeah there were some opportunities for Detroit to score. Most noticeably when Rasmussen had a wide open net but the puck was in his skates.

Coburn also blocked a wide empty net with his body on a rebound attempt, really cut it close last night but those stupid penalties didn't help.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Yeah there were some missed coverages and a scramble or two. McDonagh had a clutch clear that could have gone badly otherwise.

I mean - we're going to allow a PP goal eventually. I've resigned myself to that. But you can see the difference in philosophy. When you're outnumbered, you can't give a team all day to make a decision with the puck.

It's translating to defense in general too. The more I see how we're covering teams and using our speed both offensively and defensively, the more I hate Bowness.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah there were some missed coverages and a scramble or two. McDonagh had a clutch clear that could have gone badly otherwise.

I mean - we're going to allow a PP goal eventually. I've resigned myself to that. But you can see the difference in philosophy. When you're outnumbered, you can't give a team all day to make a decision with the puck.

It's translating to defense in general too. The more I see how we're covering teams and using our speed both offensively and defensively, the more I hate Bowness.

I can't believe he bounced right into another NHL job. There was clearly a problem here, given our roster and results.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Thanks guys, wasn't sure if I should post that in this thread; just thought it was a cool gesture from my wife and something you all would relate to.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Thanks guys, wasn't sure if I should post that in this thread; just thought it was a cool gesture from my wife and something you all would relate to.
Congrats man, she seems to at least be a good spirit for your love of Tampa/hockey. My gf was born in the UK so she really doesn't get the whole hockey thing but puts up with it and watches some games with me. Its nice for her to at least attempt to know more about my Tampa/hockey obsession
:laugh:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Lol like you said....I am trying to turn her on to it. Doesn't help all we can afford is upper deck and she hates heights :)

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Like this? I did not see the Bolts!

NHL Hockey Belts

No, Like this but Bolts related. To get it legally made, I would need approval from the Team. I don't want to bootleg or do it without their consent essentially.

wallpaper.png

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Why the h is everyone getting married on here?

I'd marry my girlfriend too... IF i was a whipped little rube, which I'm not. I play by my own rules, and she knows I'd never commit to anything that isn't a hockey team.
How about a hockey player? Wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad