Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Busby apparently broke foot in Yotes training camp. Can’t recall where I saw that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Am I missing something or what is the deal with Kevin Hancock? 20 years old, a pretty good OHL player, 30 points in 18 games, and not associated with any NHL team. What's up?

Not uncommon for undrafted guys to pop statistically their last CHL season. I would like to see the Coyotes draft more Kevin Labanc types instead of rando Ds going to 4 year programs.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Not uncommon for undrafted guys to pop statistically their last CHL season. I would like to see the Coyotes draft more Kevin Labanc types instead of rando Ds going to 4 year programs.
I'm the opposite. I like blue chip forwards and penny stock defenseman picks.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
He's put up fairly decent points for the last 3 years though but he probably would be a better AHL prospect then NHL.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hoefenmayer and Bahl appear to be handling business on the 67's so far. Anyone here watching them play?

Beating Hayton's SSM 6-1 right now. Hof with 2G 1A and Bahl with 2A. Hayton with SSM's only goal on the PP.

Hopefully they can sign Hoefenmayer.

Reactions: Lilhoody

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
What's happening with Nick Merkely? No news on him since preseason - must be a bad injury. Kid was looking like he would crack your lineup this year.

He's had several knee injuries hasn't he?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Prosvetov stops 48 for his 2nd SO of the season. Beating Owen Sound 3-0. He starting to get acclimated to the OHL. His game is getting more consistent.

Visa issues out of the way and regular starts are certainly helping now. Since November 9th he's appeared in 9 games and has a 2.67 GAA, 0.923 SV%.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
What's happening with Nick Merkely? No news on him since preseason - must be a bad injury. Kid was looking like he would crack your lineup this year.

According to capfriendly, his contract has being made to slide a year.

I didn't know they could do that in the middle of it. He is listed with zero caphit for the season!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Latest full 60 podcast has a segment on Hayton and how Pronman today has moved him up 10+ spots from where he had him at the draft. Places him in that 7-10 range today.

Also chats about Strome. Says in a redraft he wouldn’t go ahead of Debrincat today.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Latest full 60 podcast has a segment on Hayton and how Pronman today has moved him up 10+ spots from where he had him at the draft. Places him in that 7-10 range today.

Also chats about Strome. Says in a redraft he wouldn’t go ahead of Debrincat today.

One hour and 43 minutes?

Is it background music all the way, or did I google up something else?

Can't stand background-music.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Hindsight is 20/20. We can all go back with every draft and it would be different. Even the experts screw up every draft. That's why they call it a crap shoot. Nice to see Hayton moving upwards, but it means very little except to give us hope, again.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hindsight is 20/20. We can all go back with every draft and it would be different. Even the experts screw up every draft. That's why they call it a crap shoot. Nice to see Hayton moving upwards, but it means very little except to give us hope, again.
I had Hayton at 11 for the draft last year. I would now put him in the same mix as Pronman. Still haven't seen enough of a day to day dynamic presence to put him at 5 but recognize he was worthy of being selected in top 10. It wasn't a huge reach. It was interesting to see Pronmans thought process on now versus what he saw then. I find that stuff fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad