Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Florida's a weird team. Barkov is a stud, Ekblad has kinda stagnated but he's young enough to turn it around, good top 6 players in Trochek, Huberdeau, Dadonov. But they just always suck.

I'm the last person who's gonna say anything bad about Barkov...dude's a stud (I was initially concerned about his injury history but that *knock on wood* appears not to be an issue anymore), and I really like Trocheck/Huberdeau/Bjugstad, Dadonov appears to be a good pickup as well. But I'm just not a fan of Ekblad. There's nothing there that makes me think he isn't Dion Phaneuf 2.0, and beyond that there's Matheson/Yandle/Petrovic/whatever, that to me isn't a great blueline. I think they can overcome some of their egregious mistakes but I don't think they'll ever really get over the hump until the move on from that guy.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm the last person who's gonna say anything bad about Barkov...dude's a stud (I was initially concerned about his injury history but that *knock on wood* appears not to be an issue anymore), and I really like Trocheck/Huberdeau/Bjugstad, Dadonov appears to be a good pickup as well. But I'm just not a fan of Ekblad. There's nothing there that makes me think he isn't Dion Phaneuf 2.0, and beyond that there's Matheson/Yandle/Petrovic/whatever, that to me isn't a great blueline. I think they can overcome some of their egregious mistakes but I don't think they'll ever really get over the hump until the move on from that guy.
Yeah, I could see it happening. It's funny the similarities, both came out like gangbusters, signed to big deals, and then started to fall off when separated by their veteran partner (Campbell/Hamrlik)

Reactions: Pokecheque

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think if they could add a top pairing dman their D would look a lot better. Give Ekblad some help and then Yandle/Matheson wouldn’t be a bad way to round out their top 4. But those 3 definitely shouldn’t be the best 3 on a good team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Interesting bit of info from McKenzie on Tolvanen today. The Preds want him down in the AHL to develop and get used to the smaller ice but he has a clause in his contract that says he can go to the KHL after he plays 10 AHL games. McKenzie doesn't know what he's planning on doing but the Preds could lose him for the year if they don't bring him up and he decides to go play for more money in the KHL.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Patrik Berglund getting scratched in favor of Remi Elie tonight...:laugh:

Man, how many times can you keep screwing up with your GM/coaching hires...?

People mentioning Berglund as anything more than a cap dump in that trade was pretty funny.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy cow what a goal by Duclair, he's looked quite good in the games I saw of CBJ. I wonder if he's that type of player who needs a kick up the butt as a motivation factor from a Torts type of manager? Some people are like that...
I know this is conventional wisdom, but...

usp_nhl__stanley_cup_final-washington_capitals_at_100451057.jpg
What? Kuznetsov is absolutely a #1st line centre, could even put him in the elite category considering how much pure/raw skill he has. Then you have Backstrom who might not be very dynamic, but is one of best pure passers in the game.

I told you all that Ekblad wasn't never really a true #1 (never had the IQ nor the gamechanger ability that Dahlin has). I love him as a #2 though and somebody I would want on my team there, but not someone I would've drafted 1st overall I don't think.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I told you all that Ekblad wasn't never really a true #1 (never had the IQ nor the gamechanger ability that Dahlin has). I love him as a #2 though and somebody I would want on my team there, but not someone I would've drafted 1st overall I don't think.

Who would you take at 1? It was a bad draft, he's pretty good.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's a pretty bad draft in terms of high-tier talent, but I think I take Draisaitl there even though people will probably disagree with that. I think we can all agree that if you want him on a competent team, he would be much better than what he's shown in Edmonton (or at least give him some freckin' wingers).

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Man 2014 was bad. The whole first round was utter shit. Only a handful of top 6ers, one (borderline) 1st pairing dman and tons and tons of busts. That makes the Bleackley pill a little easier to swallow.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's a pretty bad draft in terms of high-tier talent, but I think I take Draisaitl there even though people will probably disagree with that. I think we can all agree that if you want him on a competent team, he would be much better than what he's shown in Edmonton (or at least give him some freckin' wingers).
Obviously nobody could have envisioned it at the time, but in a re-draft I'd be pretty torn between Leon Draisaitl and David Pastrnak for 1st overall. I love Pastrnak's game.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Obviously nobody could have envisioned it at the time, but in a re-draft I'd be pretty torn between Leon Draisaitl and David Pastrnak for 1st overall. I love Pastrnak's game.
It would be quite an easy pick here. Not torn at all.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
The Kings look very very bad. Should trade Kovy and Quick for some picks and prospects and load up heavy with speed in the next 2 drafts.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Man the Wings are really going to recapture their good old days of the Dead Things. The way they are playing I'd be amazed if they get 40 points. Hopefully they completely lose the lottery to boot.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Man the Wings are really going to recapture their good old days of the Dead Things. The way they are playing I'd be amazed if they get 40 points. Hopefully they completely lose the lottery to boot.

Wonder if they will beat our 48 pts season. They are bad and unmotivated.
The Kings suck as well early in the season. Losing 5-2 vs the Isles right now.

Edit: 6-2. LA will be 2-4-1.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yeah, maybe the Kings will turn it around, but I think they went the wrong direction. With the Phaneuf trade and Kovalchuk signing they just sort of doubled down on committing to older guys past their primes. They need a reset, badly, and they should have started it a year ago. It's why I thought they let Lombardi go. Keep Kopitar and Doughty, start shipping out the rest, and hope you can start bringing in young talent while Kopitar and Doughty are still good players. Sort of what the Bruins did, keeping Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, and rebuilding a lot of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad