Tampa in 5-------------------------------------Calgary in 5
Bruins in 5------------------------------------- Preds in 5
Pens in 6--------------------------------------- Blues in 7
Canes in 6--------------------------------------Sharks in 6

Bruins in 6------------------------------------Calgary in 7
Canes in 6-------------------------------------Blues in 7

Bruins in 5------------------------------------Blues in 6

-------BRUINS OVER BLUES IN 6--------

Reason I picked Calgary in 6 in just the opposite of why most here dont pick them; because of Goaltending. Mike Smith have always played his best hockey in the post season, proven by his sub-2 Goals Against Avg in PS.. I think he'll have a strong playoff and Flames make it to Last 4..

Last edited:

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Rd 1
Columbus in 7
Bruins in 6
Washington in 5
Pittsburgh in 7

Calgary in 4
San Jose in 7
Nashville in 7
Blues in 6

Rd 2
Bruins in 7
Washington in 6

San Jose in 6
Blues in 6

Rd3
Bruins in 7
Blues in 7

SCF
Bruins in 6
David Krejci leads playoffs in Scoring
DeBrusk Leads playoffs in Goals - gets Conn Smythe

welcome to my lala land ;)

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
He went for long stretches the other day, several minutes in fact, where he did zero PBP. Nothing but a soliloquy pumping Kucherov's tires and various meanderings about the state of hockey and broadcasting. The play was going on in the background, and Jack paid no attention to it.
I get that if listening on the radio, but when watching it on tv you can actually see what is happening with your own eyes? Do you really like someone telling you what is happening every second of the game? Then again, I'm one of those people who would be totally happy with nothing but the sounds from the ice and zero play by play. If I'm going to have it though, I want it to be from someone who is an actual fan of the game, and Jack is. We don't have it that bad compared to some of these other guys out there. Some of them are unlistenable they are so monotone and boring. I almost feel like I'm in a high school history class not watching a hockey game.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I get that if listening on the radio, but when watching it on tv you can actually see what is happening with your own eyes? Do you really like someone telling you what is happening every second of the game? Then again, I'm one of those people who would be totally happy with nothing but the sounds from the ice and zero play by play. If I'm going to have it though, I want it to be from someone who is an actual fan of the game, and Jack is. We don't have it that bad compared to some of these other guys out there. Some of them are unlistenable they are so monotone and boring. I almost feel like I'm in a high school history class not watching a hockey game.

Sorry, I'm just not a fan. I understand why people like him, it's just not my thing. I like homers, I like animated announcers. But all that is overtaken by my absolute abhorrence to anything shtick. And Jack's shtick is obvious, and getting worse.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
Surprised to see so much confidence in the Islanders. Would love to see it, but I can’t see it happening.
I was just reading through and was surprised to see so much confidence in the Pens. Isles gave up the fewest goals in the NHL and have home ice against a Pens team that was stunningly mediocre the whole season.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I was just reading through and was surprised to see so much confidence in the Pens. Isles gave up the fewest goals in the NHL and have home ice against a Pens team that was stunningly mediocre the whole season.

I'm getting a chuckle out of the amount of Columbus picks in Round 1.

Talk about wishful thinking.....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm getting a chuckle out of the amount of Columbus picks in Round 1.

Talk about wishful thinking.....

I`m not on the Jackets either but I think they`ll cause some headaches (literally) for the Bolts. If anything, they aren`t a team who`ll allow the Bolts to play the game without being physical vs them.

Think the Jackets still win a few and this one ends in 6

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
I`m not on the Jackets either but I think they`ll cause some headaches (literally) for the Bolts. If anything, they aren`t a team who`ll allow the Bolts to play the game without being physical vs them.

Think the Jackets still win a few and this one ends in 6
All I'm hoping for is that Tampa are worn down a bit before they hopefully face the B's this time around. I have some hope that CBJ can cause them some trouble but it's going to come down to Bob. They had a freaking picnic against NJ last year while the B's struggled to put TOR away. I'm not taking a B's series win for granted either, but we can't hope to have a good chance against TB if they can just stroll through 'lumbus like they did the Devils last year. Would help if the B's could actually finish off the Leafs in less than 7 as well.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
All I'm hoping for is that Tampa are worn down a bit before they hopefully face the B's this time around. I have some hope that CBJ can cause them some trouble but it's going to come down to Bob. They had a freaking picnic against NJ last year while the B's struggled to put TOR away. I'm not taking a B's series win for granted either, but we can't hope to have a good chance against TB if they can just stroll through 'lumbus like they did the Devils last year. Would help if the B's could actually finish off the Leafs in less than 7 as well.

No way will I take the B`s as a sure thing vs the Leafs either. While I think the B`s should win the series, and as much as it pains me to say it, the Leafs have so much skill and speed that IF they put it together, they will cause the B`s fits.

That Bolts/Devils series was beyond creampuff, I watched only 2 games of it due to total boredom

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Too many people around here pumping the Leafs into more than what they are. Especially our Canadian fans. Its understandable given the media attention up there, but when you look at how they've performed over the last half of the season (41 games), they are tied with Colorado for the the WORST record of any playoff team over that period of time.

If you seeded the teams based off of their records in the last half of the season, Toronto doesn't even qualify for the playoffs and its not even close. In fact, there are 3 Eastern Conference teams still ahead of them to make the #8 spot (Columbus, Philly & Florida)

That's not a cold streak over a week or a month. That's a bad hockey team for the last half of the season.

Could they suddenly flip a switch and catch fire in the Playoffs? Sure, anything can happen. But in my opinion, as a Bruins fan, I couldn't have asked for a better Round 1 matchup.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Would anyone be surprised to see the Penguins win two rounds? I sure as hell wouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad