Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-4-7_14-21-35.png

EC_2019%20R1-07094439.PNG

WC_2019%20R1-07092325.PNG

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Bruins schedule is nice and clean, play every other day.

A little surprised they made Game 5 a Friday night at home but they also had to accommodate the Celtics.
That possible Friday night game is also under the assumption the Leafs win a game. ;)

Kidding aside, I'm sure it won't be a sweep.

Can't believe Winnipeg limped into the playoffs and got themselves a matchup with a Blues team that's rolling.

NYI and Pittsburgh have some history but I doubt we see anything like that.

Tortorella going against the team he led to a Cup 15 years ago.

And we know being the top seed doesn't always mean much; but if the top seeds advance we'll have a rematch of 2004.

Curious to see how Dallas fares after a somewhat tumultuous regular season.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Kind of stinks if Tor is able to make it to game 6 it will be on Easter. Hopefully it is a late start time if there is a game 6.

All 4 Western Conference matchups are very interesting.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Kind of stinks if Tor is able to make it to game 6 it will be on Easter. Hopefully it is a late start time if there is a game 6.

Not sure why that is a problem. Makes my Easter that much better, with the exception of Bruins not already winning series. I think series goes 5-6.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Around the league predictions anyone?

I think Calgary is out either first or second round. Worst goaltending of any team in the playoffs in my opinion. I smell burnt toast.

The Jets haven’t looked as good in the last half of this season and the Blues look one hell of a lot better in theirs. I’ll take St. Louis in this series, even though my heart sides with the ‘Peg.

I can’t explain the Dallas Stars, their defensive dominance and their offensive ineptitude. But something tells me there’s too much dysfunction there for them to win a playoff series. Especially against a team like the Preds.

Sharks/Knights? Haven’t got a god damn clue. Should be the highest scoring series of the first round though. Guess I’ll go with Gallant and Vegas, even if the rosters are David and Goliath.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

I think the Jackets have a heroic game in their series against TB and it makes them feel really good and confident. But it’s the only one they win.

Not touching Bruins/Leafs.

The Hurricanes are in feel-good mode right now and they stink of a team who has already won their “Cup” by just making the playoffs. But I’ll take them round one anyway, because I’ve learned my lesson in the past. I don’t think they’ve ever lost in the first two rounds, even though I always tell them they’re gonna. Bye-bye Caps.

And the Islanders have in and around zero chance in Hell of beating the Penguins. Perhaps even less than that. They’re done with a capital 4.

Mr. Make-Believe

That possible Friday night game is also under the assumption the Leafs win a game. ;)

Kidding aside, I'm sure it won't be a sweep.

Can't believe Winnipeg limped into the playoffs and got themselves a matchup with a Blues team that's rolling.

NYI and Pittsburgh have some history but I doubt we see anything like that.

Tortorella going against the team he led to a Cup 15 years ago.

And we know being the top seed doesn't always mean much; but if the top seeds advance we'll have a rematch of 2004.

Curious to see how Dallas fares after a somewhat tumultuous regular season.
Great call-out on the 2004 rematch. Won’t happen but it’s a cool connection.

And yeah the Stars are a weird one. Like the Jackets, that’s a team that shouldn’t be in the playoffs with all of their s***, but actually look decent somehow. I don’t get it.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Tampa in 6 - I'm one of the few here that believes the Bolts are as good as their record. Columbus will be eliminated by the eventual Cup winner for a third consecutive year.

Washington in 5 - Ovechkin may go down as the greatest goal scorer of all time, and hate him all you want, but Tom Wilson is a difference maker. Hope to see a golf-themed storm surge, but probably won't happen.

Pittsburgh in 6 - Great season for the Isles but the clock will strike midnight against a playoff-savvy Pens team.

Boston in 7 - I would say 6, but I think the refs tilt one in the Leafs' favor. This is a stylistic clash of Kyle Dubas' Millennial possession/no tough guy hockey and Sweeney/Neely's more traditional style.

Calgary in 6 - Love watching the Flames, but don't think they have the goaltending to go all the way. But they'll get out of the first round.

Nashville in 6 - The refs will let more go in the playoffs, which plays right into the Preds' defense/goaltending approach. Plus, the league has put all their marketing eggs in PK Subban's basket, so no way he goes home after one round.

St. Louis in 7 - I loved the Jets but boy did they go down the tubes late in the season. How many weeks were they in first place only to blow it at the end? The team seems to have tuned out Paul Maurice.

San Jose in 7 - I love the addition of Mark Stone for Vegas, and goaltending has been abysmal for San Jose. But with Thornton aging and EK a free agent, I think the Sharks play with desperation.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tampa in 6 - I'm one of the few here that believes the Bolts are as good as their record. Columbus will be eliminated by the eventual Cup winner for a third consecutive year.

Washington in 5 - Ovechkin may go down as the greatest goal scorer of all time, and hate him all you want, but Tom Wilson is a difference maker. Hope to see a golf-themed storm surge, but probably won't happen.

Pittsburgh in 6 - Great season for the Isles but the clock will strike midnight against a playoff-savvy Pens team.

Boston in 7 - I would say 6, but I think the refs tilt one in the Leafs' favor. This is a stylistic clash of Kyle Dubas' Millennial possession/no tough guy hockey and Sweeney/Neely's more traditional style.

Calgary in 6 - Love watching the Flames, but don't think they have the goaltending to go all the way. But they'll get out of the first round.

Nashville in 6 - The refs will let more go in the playoffs, which plays right into the Preds' defense/goaltending approach. Plus, the league has put all their marketing eggs in PK Subban's basket, so no way he goes home after one round.

St. Louis in 7 - I loved the Jets but boy did they go down the tubes late in the season. How many weeks were they in first place only to blow it at the end? The team seems to have tuned out Paul Maurice.

San Jose in 7 - I love the addition of Mark Stone for Vegas, and goaltending has been abysmal for San Jose. But with Thornton aging and EK a free agent, I think the Sharks play with desperation.

Bruins/Leafs - The B's need to win the first 2 in Boston and then a desperate Toronto team will make a mistake in one of the games in TO and the B's win in 5. But all bets are off if the Leafs steal a game in Boston.

Tampa/Columbus - I smell an upset here - CBJ took a while to jell after the trade deadline but the last 3 weeks it all came together. - Columbus in 6

NYI/Pittsburgh - The Islanders will be tough to beat in Uniondale - NYI in 7

Caps/Whalercanes - I see the Caps winning in 6 and setting up a second round with the Islanders

Jets/Blues - Blues on January 2nd were DEAD LAST in the NHL
upload_2019-4-8_3-56-42.png

Blues in 6

San Jose/Vegas - VGK in 6

Calgary/Colorado - Flames in 5

Nashville/Dallas - Preds in 7

Wouldn't it be ironic is the 2 teams that went to China wound up in the SCF?

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Irish bookmaker PaddyPower's favourites/odds for the cup.

The leafs are just out of shot as 11th favourites at 20/1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190408-131156.jpg
    Screenshot_20190408-131156.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: jangerhofer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
East

Tampa
Bruins
Penguins
Capitals

West

Vegas
Calgary
Nashville
St. Louis

2nd round

Tampa
Capitals

Vegas
Nashville

3rd round

Tampa
Nashville

Cup final

Tampa

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins/Leafs - The B's need to win the first 2 in Boston and then a desperate Toronto team will make a mistake in one of the games in TO and the B's win in 5. But all bets are off if the Leafs steal a game in Boston.

Tampa/Columbus - I smell an upset here - CBJ took a while to jell after the trade deadline but the last 3 weeks it all came together. - Columbus in 6

NYI/Pittsburgh - The Islanders will be tough to beat in Uniondale - NYI in 7

Caps/Whalercanes - I see the Caps winning in 6 and setting up a second round with the Islanders

Jets/Blues - Blues on January 2nd were DEAD LAST in the NHL
View attachment 210723

Blues in 6

San Jose/Vegas - VGK in 6

Calgary/Colorado - Flames in 5

Nashville/Dallas - Preds in 7

Wouldn't it be ironic is the 2 teams that went to China wound up in the SCF?
I’d love to do the game plan against Boston.

I agree they need to win atleast 1 game

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

They played against Detroit on Easter a few years ago, and it was a great time family wise. Everyone was super into it.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Bruins in 5- Leafs have been mediocre at best since January. They don't flip the switch in the playoffs. I think this is the second easiest Round 1 matchup in the East.
Tampa in 4- This team is a juggernaut, and Columbus is a speed bump.
Islanders in 7- I'll take solid goal tending, home ice, and stifling defense every time.
Caps in 6- Caps are good for 1 round, then they are done. Especially if they get Trotz and the Islanders in Round 2.

Vegas in 5- San Jose goal tending is suspect, and I'm not convinced Karlsson and Pavelski are remotely close to 100%
Calgary in 4- Colorado just isn't very good. MacKinnon can only carry them so far....
Preds in 7- The first 6 games in this series will be a snooze fest.
St Louis in 6- Gonna ride the hot team on this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad