NHL 2018-19 Stanley Cup Playoffs II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Wonder how Steve Yzerman feels right now. Has to be odd knowing he left and then this happened

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So the more physical, not as talented as the new age super team lightning, with all that speed and skill and no grit, gets knocked off by the bigger, more physical, better coached team who looked at their window of opportunity and went for it.

So happy for Columbus, McQuaid, Foligno, Anderson, Dubinsky andTorts.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
And look at what Stone and Duchene have been doing in these playoffs since the trade deadline...wow. Imagine either in the Black and Gold right now?
man I really thought Columbus was going to miss the playoffs after giving up all those assets. Now those deadline moves (and keeping Panarin) look brilliant. Well for now at least...if they lose in round 2 they still are in a tough spot with their roster, but you gotta respect their GM going for it, sneaking in and then staging this massive upset.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Hard to believe all that firepower was stuffed by the Jackets D. After Jones and Werenski, it was a bunch of no name guys like Kukan, Harrington and Glendening. Great job by Torts and his assistants

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I said in the GDT for the Tampa game where they raised the banner that I would spend all summer laughing if they got knocked out in the first round, after that.

Well.... I'm starting now... And it's mid-April....

HahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahaha

Brad3277

Jul 13, 2004
West Hartford
For people thinking Columbus makes the road easier...they just spanked a team that won 62 games. I'd be surprised if CLB is an easy out in round two and this B's group is showing they have a hard time showing up with any level of consistency.

Road is never easy no matter who you play.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
For people thinking Columbus makes the road easier...they just spanked a team that won 62 games. I'd be surprised if CLB is an easy out in round two and this B's group is showing they have a hard time showing up with any level of consistency.

Columbus plays the same style as the Bruins top to bottom. I'd love to watch that intensity for a best of 7.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

They’re playing with nothing but house money from here on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad