Avatars: 2018-19 San Jose Sharks avatars (now with 100% more Nyquist)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Feb 26 MAJOR Update:
  • Replaced full set with native 96x96 pixel versions to reduce blurring from the board resizing them.
  • Altered some designs for better pictures.
  • Added Hat Trick markers for players who have recorded one this season.
  • Completed set of total current roster (less Nyquist) along with the players who have suited up for the Sharks this season.
  • Added 3 All-Star variants for the Sharks' representatives.
Mar 2 update
  • Added preliminary version of Gustav Nyquist, pending potentially better images to use.

FORWARDS (Now added to 3rd line: Nyquist)
full
full
full

full
full
full

full
full
full

full
full
full

full
full

Call-up Forwards
full
full
full

DEFENCEMEN
full
full

full
full

full
full

full
full

GOALIES
full

full

***ALL-STAR VARIANTS***

full
full
full

Last edited:
Reactions: NiWa and Dicdonya

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For anyone that wants to look at the HQ larger originals, they're spoiler-tagged in this post, preserving a couple of screw-ups I made as well. Just know that they're too big in terms of file size to be uploadable as a profile pic or avatar here on HF.

*NOTE* This set does not include Radil, Simek, or Gambrell right now.

full
full
full

full
full
full

full
full
full

full
full
full

full

full
full

full
full

full
full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2010
hard negative on seeing any of them

but thanks for taking the time to do these. reminds me of the golden years here when there was a yearly draft and everything

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I was filled with excitement and then disappointment; a typical monday morning.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I look forward to seeing what you’ve done, even though I can’t change my avatar, the ones that you put out are always great.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So I fixed the links, but now there's a weird file size thing going on when I try to set one as a new avatar. They're all <50kb, but when I try to upload it as an avatar, it tells me "Your avatar's file size is too large. Please upload an avatar no bigger than 102.1 KB."

Gonna have to check with the admins about this.

:laugh: sorry for the headaches with all this. Damn new board software.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The suspected culprit is that somehow when the boards automatically attempt to resize avatars for use (NuHF's avatar size is about 96x96 pixels) it ends up mucking up the file size and increasing it beyond the maximum threshold.

So I'm going to have to shrink the template down and re-upload the set at the default avatar size. I'll see about doing that in a little while, though this time I'll check if it works on a sample avatar first.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Hopefully since this is a one-time set of hoops to jump through while I learn how this board software handles avatars and media and all that crap.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
As illustrated by the fact that I'm sporting the results of a test run, the resize appears to be the culprit. But it also shows me that I hadn't considered how small the text would get when resized down to HF's avatar limit. So I'm going to have to spend a little bit rejiggering the given name portion of the design so it's more legible, then I'll put up the finished products probably some time this afternoon or evening.

Reactions: Ronnie Residue

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Most of the fixed avatars are up now. I just noticed as soon as I posted that the Kane one in that set is the wrong one. It's the quick-resize original rather than the one I did that modified the design for legibility. So that needs a moment to be fixed.

EDIT: Alright, fixed.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
And you fixed Tom .. err .. Tim.

Yeah, I noted at the bottom of the post that I gave Heed his name back so that he gets a legitimate avatar in the "standard" set. When I star producing variants, joke versions, and expanded rosters/subjects I'll probably make a slightly sillier "Tom Heed" version. It's too bad there's never been a shot during a game of him sitting in the press box.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00