Recalled/Assigned: 2018-19 Roster moves thread: 4/25 Black Aces: Suomela, True, DeSimone, Korenar and Middleton

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Every time I have gotten flu shot, I have come down with the flu (twice). i don't get the flu shot anymore and I also dont get the flu!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The flu shot usually keeps me protected but i've definitely gone years without and was fine too. One year where I did get the flu shot, i ended up basically bedridden for 3 weeks.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Every time I have gotten flu shot, I have come down with the flu (twice). i don't get the flu shot anymore and I also dont get the flu!

Flu shots aren't perfect, but they speed up your recovery even if you get sick. I was just down w/ the flu and got better much faster than usual because I got the flu shot this year.

Reactions: WTFetus

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Thats not how it always works though. Sometimes you get vaccinated and still get it.
Well, yeah. Flu vaccines are simply the last strain. New flu strains develop all the time.

The shot isn't 100% effective, but it's a lot more than not getting it.

It isn't from the shot. It's literally impossible to get the flu from the shot.

No one gets the flu from the shot. It's literally impossible.

People who get sick after the shot are simply getting a different strain of the flu than the one they were vaccinated for.

Last edited by a moderator:

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Well, yeah. Flu vaccines are simply the last strain. New flu strains develop all the time.

The shot isn't 100% effective, but it's a lot more than not getting it.
That's not true. The flu vaccine is created/predicted to match the current circulating strains.

And yeah, so much misinformation here. You can't get the flu from the flu vaccine. You could feel a little down in the dumps with your body reacting to the immunization, but its super temporary and not the flu.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's not true. The flu vaccine is created/predicted to match the current circulating strains.

And yeah, so much misinformation here. You can't get the flu from the flu vaccine. You could feel a little down in the dumps with your body reacting to the immunization, but its super temporary and not the flu.
That's what I mean by last strain. Bad wording on my end.

Reactions: WTFetus

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

Yep, it also contains the H1N1 strain. If I remember correctly, it's usually a quadrivalent vaccine?

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I've never got the flu, so no true idea what it would be like to try and play while sick. Personally I have only a handful of times gotten the flushot, mainly when it was convenient (already at doctors) or when my mother was on chemo and i didn't want to risk spreading something to her when I visited. The fiance hates me as she gets it about every other year :/

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I've never got the flu, so no true idea what it would be like to try and play while sick. Personally I have only a handful of times gotten the flushot, mainly when it was convenient (already at doctors) or when my mother was on chemo and i didn't want to risk spreading something to her when I visited. The fiance hates me as she gets it about every other year :/

I once lost 15lbs in a week because of the flu. I could not move for the entire week which meant no food.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com

The flu is truly horrible, and nothing like a cold. Only time I've gotten it as an adult was in college, and I basically didn't want to get out of bed or eat anything other than saltines for a week while constantly feeling both cold and hot at the same time.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I once lost 15lbs in a week because of the flu. I could not move for the entire week which meant no food.
The year I was stuck in bed, I straight up couldn't stand up because of the vertigo and my throat hurt so much I was basically stuck drinking OJ for the whole time. I probably did not go about that illness the right way.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
And Dylan back down. (Have to think this was an "emergency" recall in case player couldn't go due to flu, whatever. As he didn't play he had to be sent down.)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I suspect that Nyquist is the backup plan if the Sharks can't sign Pavelski to a friendly deal.

I have been thinking of the same thing as well. Nyquist has not been to an off start on the Sharks but he still has the rest of the regular season and playoffs to turn it around.

Our entire off-season is predicated on how the EK65 situation pans out. I can imagine that DW has a lot of what-if scenario's in mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad