Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread III (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The only thought this summer with regards to an expansion draft should be based around NMCs. If the player is older than 29 don't do it. Simple as that.

It's kinda funny though, because if any employer that is not a sports franchise based contracts on things like age, they would be absolutely brutalized in the court system for age discrimination. To be perfectly honest, I think the AVs would've been better off paying Chelios up into his 60s than some of the shit we've seen from Gelinas, the General and others.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I didn’t watch much of any Hockey East this year besides a UMass game here and there. Is Bowers slated to become BU’s 1C next year?
I think he could very well be. If there is a situation where Zegras might surpass him it would be centre on the 1st PP unit, but more likely the case would be that Zegras will be on the same unit as a winger. And I can't see Zegras replacing Bowers in big time situations either, especially on the defencive side. Bowers should take all the big draws, he took majority of them this year with a grizzled team.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I think he could very well be. If there is a situation where Zegras might surpass him it would be centre on the 1st PP unit, but more likely the case would be that Zegras will be on the same unit as a winger. And I can't see Zegras replacing Bowers in big time situations either, especially on the defencive side. Bowers should take all the big draws, he took majority of them this year with a grizzled team.
Thanks for the explanation. There are definitely benefits to Bowers going back to BU for his junior year, it sounds like, but I am worried that some of those benefits could be nullified due to the poor coaching he’ll receive at that school. I think it’s a good situation for him to be in, and I think he still had more to learn at the NCAA level. So, ultimately, him going back looks like the right choice.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What's the deal with Oliver Wahlstrom? Is he a headcase or something?
Fit very, very poorly with BC and the staff... moving on is best for all parties. Problem is that he isn't ready for the AHL either. Probably ends up in Sweden for a season.

Reactions: Pokecheque

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Committed and de-committed from two previous schools before this. That's not a good look.
Committed to his Dad’s former school very early... got heavily recruited because his status elevated. Then decommitted, and committed to Harvard. Didn’t have the grades to qualify so had to re-open then go to BC.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Also major shoutout to AJ on this one. That dude can drive me absolutely bonkers but he’s been staying close to this and clearly has a source and is working hard.

First he put out that it sounds like he’s staying. About a day later the rumors came out that basically all but have signed/are signing. Now today he mentions that he may not be, and shortly after the news comes out from closely connected people that he looks to be changing his mind.

He’s been calling the shots on both sides of this decision a step ahead of everyone else. Props to him.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Also major shoutout to AJ on this one. That dude can drive me absolutely bonkers but he’s been staying close to this and clearly has a source and is working hard.

First he put out that it sounds like he’s staying. About a day later the rumors came out that basically all but have signed/are signing. Now today he mentions that he may not be, and shortly after the news comes out from closely connected people that he looks to be changing his mind.

He’s been calling the shots on both sides of this decision a step ahead of everyone else. Props to him.
Sarcasm? :laugh:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Yep, spot on.

(FWIW he'd told me something appeared to be up and that Bowers may not be staying after he put that original tweet out today, but obviously since he didn't elaborate I didn't make it public...plus I've been trying to finish my damn graduate paper :rant:)

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Oof not a great look for AJ

Dude is probably just following what his sources say. Completely plausible Bowers changed his mind watching everyone with talent around him leaving.

I personally appreciate the news even if it doesn’t always pan out to be true. I’m not going to blame the guy for that.

Dater is the click hunter.

Reactions: klozge

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Dude is probably just following what his sources say. Completely plausible Bowers changed his mind watching everyone with talent around him leaving.

I personally appreciate the news even if it doesn’t always pan out to be true. I’m not going to blame the guy for that.

Dater is the click hunter.

Of course he is and I don't fault him for that. I fault him for going with the story, marked "BSN EXCLUSIVE" without knowing for sure. Happy with the end result though, so whatever

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If Bowers does leave, it's just another reason to not read into anything BSN says. They are just another blow hard sports outlet, that claims to have great sources but then frequently have to back track after they get something wrong.

Not sure why anyone would spend a dime on their crap. They employee Dater, captain take every side of a story so I can't be wrong, that's all you really need know about BSN.

If you are going to spend money on articles, I'd recommend Ryan Clark on the Athletic, much better quality.

Reactions: boz

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t get it? If Bowers leaves we should be giving more credit to BSN, not less. AJ’s tweet today came out before anyone else’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad