League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Well now that McDavid is fine I can say that was pretty lucky for us. Draisaitl didnt look nearly as menacing to score without McDavid feeding him.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
For the record I don't care if it is Ovechkin's last 50 goal season or Rocket, I just wanted this for him so badly because of everyone that questioned whether he would be ready for this season after everything that happened last summer.

For everyone that said his career was over after 2012 and that all the young guys were coming for him this season, to Don Cherry and Bill Watters, guess what:

upload_2019-4-7_13-38-6.jpeg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
NHL.com predictions are up. Who is surprised that not one of the 15 thought the Caps could make the finals. Its last season all over again. That's good

Reactions: Portable Mink

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
NHL.com predictions are up. Who is surprised that not one of the 15 thought the Caps could make the finals. Its last season all over again. That's good
Actually, I think the ed.-in-chief picked the Caps to make the finals but lose to the Preds, which I thought was something of a head scratcher. But he’s the only one.

Jun 15, 2007
I have to assume Panarin to Florida is at 99% now. Bobrovsky too.

Hell maybe Voynov too.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Good move for Q. Some young studs on that team with a ton of cap flexibility and a desirable location. Only doubts for me would be ownership's willingness to spend (I'm sure he got assurances) and dealing with the Hoffman dynamic.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Good move for Q. Some young studs on that team with a ton of cap flexibility and a desirable location. Only doubts for me would be ownership's willingness to spend (I'm sure he got assurances) and dealing with the Hoffman dynamic.

Man I see it as a top-5 coach could have written his ticket and he chose there?! I’m sure he’ll do decent enough if they get him his players, but I’m a little surprised he didn’t want a top market gig.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Man I see it as a top-5 coach could have written his ticket and he chose there?! I’m sure he’ll do decent enough if they get him his players, but I’m a little surprised he didn’t want a top market gig.
I think the appeal of a top market is general overrated. I'd much rather live/coach in South Florida than Philly or New York. Nicer weather, no state sales tax, less pressure.

Barkov is a top-5 center at age 22. Ekblad is a stud #1 at age 22. Huberdeau is a 25 YO 90-point producer. Healthy Trocheck was a 24 YO 30/70 center last season.

That's a hell of a core to move forward with when you're gonna have somewhere around $20 million in cap space and nobody of consequence to re-sign.

Reactions: Heath

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think the appeal of a top market is general overrated. I'd much rather live/coach in South Florida than Philly or New York. Nicer weather, no state sales tax, less pressure.

Barkov is a top-5 center at age 22. Ekblad is a stud #1 at age 22. Huberdeau is a 25 YO 90-point producer. Healthy Trocheck was a 24 YO 30/70 center last season.

That's a hell of a core to move forward with when you're gonna have somewhere around $20 million in cap space and nobody of consequence to re-sign.

The appeal of a perennial loser on an unideal market doesn’t scream top coach’s top choice to me.

Haven’t seen....I assume he’s getting top $.....

Not saying the Panthers don’t have some nice players....but so do many teams. Maybe he’s feeling old and just wants warm weather, who knows?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
The appeal of a perennial loser on an unideal market doesn’t scream top coach’s top choice to me.

Haven’t seen....I assume he’s getting top $.....

Barry took some perennial losers... and before we know it he will get to the 2nd round! Then lose to better team obviously.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
He gets out of the cold weather into a less stressful coaching job for more than he made as the coach of the Blackhawks. His new salary is over $6 million. Sign me up for that. Plus, he has the familiarity of working with Talon and I’m sure he’ll have some input into roster decisions
Do those guys scream “Coach Q-types”?
Q coached Panarin when he was tearing it up in Chicago before Bowman traded him to Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad