Pre-Game Talk: 2018-19 NHL Playoffs: Potential 1st Round Matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Hope Carolina brings the ruckus and makes it a tough series.

Note how many caps posters are rooting for c-bus.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Funny how a lot of people are afraid of this cbus team. Idk where all this fear is from? The lightning will destroy them, they have Bob's number and that team is not very good.

Reactions: NFKappaB

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
With all the parity in hockey I would say that they have around 30% chance of winning. But at least you have confidence.

30% is too much.

If Tampa has 70% vs Columbus, then
1) 60% vs Boston
2) 50% vs Caps/Pens
3) 60% vs West
So our Cup chance is = 70% * 60% * 50% * 60% = 12.6%

While, stats says its higher than this^
a division winner stat is ~17%
a PT winner stats is 25%

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
30% is too much.

If Tampa has 70% vs Columbus, then
1) 60% vs Boston
2) 50% vs Caps/Pens
3) 60% vs West
So our Cup chance is = 70% * 60% * 50% * 60% = 12.6%

While, stats says its higher than this^
a division winner stat is ~17%
a PT winner stats is 25%
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hint1k

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Are people really freaking out over the blue jackets? I mean i'm not gonna underestimate them but some people are acting like this is a worse case scenario. :laugh:

I don’t think anyone is freaking out. Just that winning the cup is difficult so you want the easiest possible road there which would’ve been Carolina.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I don’t think anyone is freaking out. Just that winning the cup is difficult so you want the easiest possible road there which would’ve been Carolina.
You say that but there is no way to tell until the series starts. Carolina has a history of missing the playoffs then going on DEEP runs.

Reactions: DaBolts

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I dont think Bob can steal this one from us. I think their guys up front will need to step up if they want to beat us. Also need those guys they traded for to get comfortable in time to beat the best team in the regular season since 95. Its a tall order. I cant see them winning more than 2. I think we win in 5 or 6. Then onto Boston or Toronto. Most likely Boston. Toronto hasnt played well in the last half and Boston has had one of the better records in the second half. I think we should be able to handle whoever wins that series too. I do understand that anything can happen in a playoff series so no guarantees here. I think its true though that this team has what it takes to win a cup. On Paper.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Funny how a lot of people are afraid of this cbus team. Idk where all this fear is from? The lightning will destroy them, they have Bob's number and that team is not very good.

Are people really freaking out over the blue jackets? I mean i'm not gonna underestimate them but some people are acting like this is a worse case scenario. :laugh:

I don't think anyone fears them, but I definitely respect them. It's a solid team with some star power, definitely a tougher opponent than Devils last year. They also have a very solid PK.

Our speed and depth should however make a difference, so reckon we win with 4-2.

Might just be me, but I always prefer a more humble approach :)

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille