Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Adin Hill

Dn4h6nEVAAAck7J.jpg:large

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
How is the texture and compounds of a brick wall somehow create a smooth shiny surface to reflect lens flares off of it? It's like Dave doesn't understand basic 4th grade physics and chemistry.
the graffiti artist who painted that wall gave it a coat of sealer, so it would be harder to remove for the city..... vandals are getting smarter

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Cellee and S E P H

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How is the texture and compounds of a brick wall somehow create a smooth shiny surface to reflect lens flares off of it? It's like Dave doesn't understand basic 4th grade physics and chemistry.

Why can't a designed and painted piece not have whatever it wants on it? It's not like he said, "hey look, it is exactly like a real brick wall"! It is essentially art, regardless who paints the mask, DaveArt or other, and art doesn't have to adhere to real world physics! DaveArt has lots of ugly masks, however he also has a lot that look really nice, which is why so many go with him. The other "cool" guys have some amazing work as well, however, they too have plenty of designs that are ugly or brutal, the only difference is that DaveArt is heavily involved (popular) in the NHL, while the other guys are clearly not as well liked, by the goalies that actually pay their money to get a mask painted.

Reactions: Cellee

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why can't a designed and painted piece not have whatever it wants on it? It's not like he said, "hey look, it is exactly like a real brick wall"! It is essentially art, regardless who paints the mask, DaveArt or other, and art doesn't have to adhere to real world physics! DaveArt has lots of ugly masks, however he also has a lot that look really nice, which is why so many go with him. The other "cool" guys have some amazing work as well, however, they too have plenty of designs that are ugly or brutal, the only difference is that DaveArt is heavily involved (popular) in the NHL, while the other guys are clearly not as well liked, by the goalies that actually pay their money to get a mask painted.
That's fine, I love all creative aspects even if they are not believable. I will also admit that I don't think every mask he puts out is a pile of garbage, there's actually a third of masks where I think they're pretty good where everyone else hates them. However, he gets let down by himself and this almost OCD attitude where every little hole has to include something. Take for example Halak's mask since that's the popular topic at the moment. If you want to put lens flares on a brick wall, all the power to you, it's something I have no problems with. However, I do have problems when there are a trillion different lens flares there, it is so obtuse and trivial to do that for something like a brick wall.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
42572518_10156678528104819_5417321681569972224_n.jpg

Today I have the pleasure to unleash the new Oilers mask for my friend Cam Talbot
1f64f_1f3fb.png
. We have been working together for many years, it is such a joy to paint and create with you Cam
1f600.png
. Once again his twins shows up on the mask as ghost twins
1f47b.png
1f47b.png
....! They pop up on the mask among all the sliming orange ghost slime and ghost beams...
2728.png
✨ Yep a lot of action on this bucket, so fun to paint!
1f60d.png
@camtalbot33 @ct33threads @EdmontonOilers @Nhl @daveart #DaveArtThePaintNerd
1f44d_1f3fb.png
#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
42572518_10156678528104819_5417321681569972224_n.jpg

Today I have the pleasure to unleash the new Oilers mask for my friend Cam Talbot
1f64f_1f3fb.png
. We have been working together for many years, it is such a joy to paint and create with you Cam
1f600.png
. Once again his twins shows up on the mask as ghost twins
1f47b.png
1f47b.png
....! They pop up on the mask among all the sliming orange ghost slime and ghost beams...
2728.png
✨ Yep a lot of action on this bucket, so fun to paint!
1f60d.png
@camtalbot33 @ct33threads @EdmontonOilers @Nhl @daveart #DaveArtThePaintNerd
1f44d_1f3fb.png
#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity
Imagine putting this disgusting thing on your head every single time you take the ice?
WTF is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad