NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lakers could get prime Ben Wallace and they'd still be terrible defensively.
To be fair, so could most teams lol. The Lakers are super bad defensively, but most teams in the NBA these days are just plain bad defensively.

It's a lost art, honestly. Teams are just content to chuck 'em and get into shootouts, thinking they're the Warriors.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the lakers have been awful on D for years now. its 100% on the organization for never committing to improving it

they brought in KCP last season for that and that hasn't gone as planned. i know defense in the NBA is pretty much nonexistent these days but the lakers could at least bring in a defensive minded assistant or something. anything to improve their defense

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
To be fair, so could most teams lol. The Lakers are super bad defensively, but most teams in the NBA these days are just plain bad defensively.

It's a lost art, honestly. Teams are just content to chuck 'em and get into shootouts, thinking they're the Warriors.

Because the way the game is called these days is tailored heavily for offense. It'd be interesting to see a defensive super team like those prime Pistons teams matchup against the Warriors. Ultimately I think the Warriors would still win based on how the game would be called.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
**** stern forever for vetoing that trade and setting the lakers back years. all because he wanted to make the hornets more attractive for potential buyers

also, i agree the lakers new road uniforms are awful. and its only because of the random black on the side. makes it look like those god awful kings uniforms from the 90s

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I didn't think the post-LeBron Cavs would be THIS bad

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
People say t he league plays defense in 2018 then explain the 140-134 scores :laugh:

BUT THAT GUY ON THE CLIPPERS IS A DEFENSIVE MASTERMIND :laugh:

They have basically legislated defense out of the league since like 2005. Now they have freedom of movement. What a shock that the NBA like the NFL changed the rules to "favor" offensive gameplay over defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's early but the Cavs look like they're going to be in the mix for the worst team in the league. It's crazy how they thought they might be able to make a playoff push with this roster.

We'll probably start hearing Kevin Love rumours at some point but I wonder what kind of value he has. He's no longer an expiring contract so you'd think that would boost a player's value but who is looking to pay Love $30M/yr until he's 34?

Reactions: dahrougem2

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
They have basically legislated defense out of the league since like 2005.
Sad but very true.

It was teams like the Pistons, Spurs, Pacers, & Nets of the early 2000's that they perhaps thought were ruining the game with their Defense first mentalities, when in fact those in charge are too foolish to realize that it made the game exciting & entertaining, in my opinion.

For example, one of my favorite series' of all time was the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals with the Pistons & Pacers, where you had to earn every bucket you got, where every shot was contested (26 combined blocks in game 2 alone), and nothing was given to the players. It helped showcase the true talent of the players on both teams, on both sides of the ball.

The powers that be simply didn't care for teams like the Pistons that year, holding teams under 70 points, 11 times during the season, with 5 of those coming in a row, or final scores being the 69-65 type, sadly. That, in my opinion, was some of the best basketball to watch, even if it didn't appeal to some of the higher scoring markets.

Reactions: HFBCommenter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad