Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yet these are teams that were in contention for a decade -- paying their core. They've had chances for a long time, that's the best you can offer as a guarantee as a competent management staff, if you do it for 10 years you have a good shot at a cup.

It's hilarious you seem to think that the thing holding those teams back is Crosby/Malkin salaries or Toews/Kane salaries. Chicago holding them back has been Toews'/Seabrook decline (expensive replacement level players).

Pittsburgh has been a legit contender for over 10yrs you should listen to yourself talk about them as an example in your favour.

Explain why Chicago and LA are on the revamp? Mavis, the one thing I have got to know about you in my time here is that you're pretty hard on the positive spin with MLSE and NHL. Are you affiliated? I don't really care either way it's just sometimes theres no dancing around obvious problems. Cap is an obvious problem with the contracts given.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Explain why Chicago and LA are on the revamp? Mavis, the one thing I have got to know about you in my time here is that you're pretty hard on the positive spin with MLSE and NHL. Are you affiliated? I don't really care either way it's just sometimes theres no dancing around obvious problems. Cap is an obvious problem with the contracts given.

Cap by definition should always be a problem because it is a scarce asset. If cap is not a problem then you are wasting resources.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I think the Sandin hype train is a little bit out of hand. Sandin is not worth serious consideration next year. Liljegren is worth more of a look, even taking out the fact that he is a RD and Sandin is a LD (which we don't need).

If Sandin was right handed, we'd be debating if he'll be on the first pairing with Rielly next year, or second pairing with Muzzin.

He probably doesn't make the team because we're overflowing with LH options, but no, no one has overhyped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad