Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Thread

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Coop said Hedman is unlikely to play today. I think Palat might be out too. Which gets both Erne and Koekkoek in. Coop said a few days ago he planned to get everyone in this weekend, but I don't think he wanted it like this. :p

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I hate that I have to hate the players and the teams who injured our players . I just hope we won't be the other end and they get well soon...!!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We might have to go back to Stralman or McDonagh on the top PP unit.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sergachev was -6 last night, and two of those goals came short-handed.

Yeah it was bad for him. But it was for just about everyone else too. But with a developing player like him I say get back on the horse and don't let it faze you. Get off the road get refocused and get back at it. Especially with how bad Stralman is on the PP. If we split time it should be with McDonagh. At worst put him on unit #2

Sergachev had a bad night. Stralman had 2 or 3 bad years on the power play. I'm gonna see that dude bobble a Kucherov pass back to the point for a turnover or offsides because he can't hold it on the line one time and I'm gonna uncontrollably facepalm and yell into my hands in frustration. I probably won't even realize I'm doing it until after it happens because I have seen Stralman do that so many times

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah it was bad for him. But it was for just about everyone else too. But with a developing player like him I say get back on the horse and don't let it faze you. Get off the road get refocused and get back at it. Especially with how bad Stralman is on the PP. If we split time it should be with McDonagh. At worst put him on unit #2

Sergachev had a bad night. Stralman had 2 or 3 bad years on the power play. I'm gonna see that dude bobble a Kucherov pass back to the point for a turnover or offsides because he can't hold it on the line one time and I'm gonna uncontrollably facepalm and yell into my hands in frustration. I probably won't even realize I'm doing it until after it happens because I have seen Stralman do that so many times

We need the PP though, short-term. Stralman might not have been very good on it, but Sergachev was disastrous on a whole different level. I think we should go with McDonagh, but Stralman wouldn't be as bad as Sergachev. Let Serg get his reps on the 2nd unit. We need the 1st to score, and, more importantly, not give up shorties. As bad as Stralman was, at times, he's responsible. Sergachev looked pretty clueless in every single facet. He kept slowing down the transition because he didn't know where the trailing player was, couldn't hold the line, and got caught too deep when we turned the puck over. It was just all bad. He deserved the -6.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If I wasn't on my phone I'd be putting up the Luke Skywalker NOOO gif

Put Stamkos at the point. He's actually not that bad at it and his shot can get the puck through traffic. Or use Sergachev
tenor.gif

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Cernak continues to impress in Syracuse despite the rest of the team drudging along. He's getting PP time and getting shots through, comfortably leads the Crunch in that department. Took him about 20 games last year to make headway, I anticipate that is when the team will call on him as an injury replacement.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Cernak continues to impress in Syracuse despite the rest of the team drudging along. He's getting PP time and getting shots through, comfortably leads the Crunch in that department. Took him about 20 games last year to make headway, I anticipate that is when the team will call on him as an injury replacement.

Didn't he get injured early in the second period Saturday night and leave the game not to return? Also, I believe Stephens was injured early as well, leaving the Crunch two players down for much of the game?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Didn't he get injured early in the second period Saturday night and leave the game not to return? Also, I believe Stephens was injured early as well, leaving the Crunch two players down for much of the game?
Yes both cernak and Stephens got injured last game.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Another long-term injury strikes Syracuse Crunch
Stephens out at least 6 weeks UBI, Cernak has a LBI
Syracuse is already missing two other centers, Gabriel Dumont and Kevin Lynch, with injuries. Dumont is expected to be out at least five more weeks while Lynch, who was incurred a leg injury in the Lightning's preseason and has yet to play, is day-to-day.
Forwards Olivier Archambault (shoulder) and Michael Bournival (knee) and defenseman Ben Thomas (hip) also have yet to see their first game action this season, although all are expected to return in November. Forward Otto Somppi (broken finger) has been out two weeks and the timetable for his return is unclear.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
Anyone have a logical reason as to why hockey is the only major sport that doesn't release any specific information about injuries? What negative could come from being more specific? Is there a rule that prevents them from doing it?

Please keep in mind, I do realize it's "none of our business". That applies to all sports, yet the others release more info.

Are hockey players "dirtier" than other sports' players, in the sense they would try to injure a recently-returned player? I can't imagine they are at much more risk than say, a football player in the same situation. They should be 95% healed or so before returning anyway, so that shouldn't really apply. There are some seriously dirty players in football as well, so I wouldn't think that would be the reason.

I'm not exactly new to hockey, but it's just something I've never understood, and it's frustrating at times, from a fan perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad