Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted ratcliffe but should have voted vorobyev he should be our 3c/4c this year. If somehow we end up with frost at 3c and voro at 4c I would be a happy fan :thumbu:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I haven’t voted in consecutive polls. I’m confused and indecisive and am just going with the flow! Yeah!

I also don’t think there’s any real difference. Rat seems the safest choice though due to draft status and linear progress and better defined role long-term. Less questions one way or another. But I’ve always been a big Misha and Tanner supporter, and Ruby is the most skilled of all. I just want Laczynski to not get forgotten on this tier.

I do have to say for those that dont watch the phantoms alot vorobyev is really good at faceoffs also he takes alot of the dzone draws.

He was so bad at the dot pre-AHL. He improved as the season went on though.

Last edited:

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
It's crazy how deep our prospect pool is right now. There are guys right now who won't make the top 20 who would have been pretty easily top 10 before the 2015 draft.

I think we are lacking a true blue chip prospect though aside from Hart.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Ratcliffe, I would put him 4 personally. I think people underrate him.. I view his floor/ceiling as similar to Farabee.

Reactions: JPS

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Frost? Myers?

I wouldn't say any of those guys are true elite talent prospects in the mold of Provorov or Patrick.

I guess that's how I define blue chip. A prospect with a good to great shot at being an elite player. No knock to Frost, Myers, or Farabee who I'm sure will all contribute immensely well in their roles at the NHL level, but it's hard to put any of them in the talks of current top 10 or 15 prospects in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I wouldn't say any of those guys are true elite talent prospects in the mold of Provorov or Patrick.

I guess that's how I define blue chip. A prospect with a good to great shot at being an elite player. No knock to Frost, Myers, or Farabee who I'm sure will all contribute immensely well in their roles at the NHL level, but it's hard to put any of them in the talks of current top 10 or 15 prospects in the league.

I think if Frost and Farabee hit their ceilings they can be ~70+ point players... which I would say is arguably elite. Frost especially... what he did in the OHL this year was immense, better than TK at the same venture.

As for Myers, harder to specifically say, but he has ~40+ point upside while being physical and a righty. #1 upside? Not sure, but certainly #2 level.

Reactions: BernieParent

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

I hear you, and I would concur that 'elite' be reserved for the truly outstanding, say top 10 at their position for multiple seasons. I think we can be pleased that there are a couple of players who, as Appleyard points out, have a case for expecting top-tier performances as they progress, and a good quantity of second-level players at each position who could surprise with break-out top-line / pairing NHL time but wouldn't be absolute miracles in doing so. The trick will be to put them in positions where they will be able to rise to their ceilings.

Reactions: Flyerfan13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad