Post-Game Talk: 2017 WJC post-tournament musings

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Yeah drafting Barzal 16th overall what a terrible pick... Come on man. That guy is has extremely elite skill. You were obviously watching the gold medal game, the play he made on the Chabot goal was world class. His skating and skill was exceptional all tournament.

Strome though.... Yikes thats tough especially considering he was directly picked before Hanifin, Marner, Werenski, Rantanen and Provorov. That is a nightmare ish pick.

Great WJC for sens prospects.

White is by far the most NHL ready of the group, which is usually the case for forwards. You get the feel this guy could play right now, very mature player and what a pain in the behind for the other teams. He reminds of of Gary Roberts. For the love of god get this man signed.

Chabot sure is a fun player to watch out there and what elite/raw skill he has! Some of the plays he made with his skating were superb and what a horse, he played close to 75 minutes on back to back nights, simply incredible! I will say this he needs some time playing pro, he has moments where he makes some strange decisions and lacks urgency. I think being the number 1 guy in Bingo for atleast 40 games next year is exactly what he needs maybe the entire season. The sens have an opportunity to produce an extremely elite player here I really hope they dont rush it and screw it up. He has a great head on his shoulders he isnt going to pull a Cowen and complain, he will go down there and get better.

Dahlen and Chlapik both showed some elite offensive skill this tournament which is something this stable of prospects really needs.

Ahl might end up being a good grinder, he certainly isnt shy and sweden had no problem playing him with Erikcson EK and Nylander which means he has some level of hockey sense.

Its too be Brown didnt play in this tournament, hopefully he heels up and gets back on that development path.

Belleville will be on the road for 2 months to start the season as the Yardman won't be ready until dec so I am not sure do you want you elite prospects on the road for that long to start the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad