Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v6.0) SEASON FINALE @ NYY|Sun, Oct 1| 3pmET/12pmPT | Anderson vs Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He has looked good, but it's also 38 PAs of him riding a .400+ babip. I'd love for him to become the next Jose Ramirez, but I'd also prefer he started in AAA next season and the Jays exhaust all possibilities in hopes of finding a legitimate MIF to shoulder a heavy burden as a backup to Tulo/Travis.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"baseball reference predicted the Twins would suck and yet they don't entirely suck as much as the computer said they would. Take that stats. You can't spreadsheet TWTW."

In reality Buck never said anything after the part about how the Twins haven't really sucked. But I think we all know he was thinking it.

and he's really having trouble with HR judgement on calls.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Any deep fly near the warning track, while listening to his pbp, has me thinking it's easily gone.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Any deep fly near the warning track, while listening to his pbp, has me thinking it's easily gone.

There are times where I legitimately believe Buck is destroying my ability to judge fly balls. Like, sitting at a Canadians game and someone hits a ball to deep right and I actually have to think about it for a minute instead of recognizing that the RF wall at nat bailey is like 40 feet tall and almost nothing gets over it.

and there's the final stab after the Smoak HR deliciously twisted the knife and staved off a loss for another couple innings.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Jays really screwed the pooch this season. How on earth is a team like the Twins sitting in the second wild card spot? What a waste of a season.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I'd rate him at about 0.863 Derek Jeters.

Without adjusting for Jeter's calming influence, of course.

I could be wrong, but I believe you confused Jeters fielding percentage* in his final season for the rating you meant to give Donaldson :sarcasm:

*Daniel Murphys Law: You cannot make an error on a ball you cannot get to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad