Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v6.0) SEASON FINALE @ NYY|Sun, Oct 1| 3pmET/12pmPT | Anderson vs Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I could be wrong, but I believe you confused Jeters fielding percentage* in his final season for the rating you meant to give Donaldson :sarcasm:

*Daniel Murphys Law: You cannot make an error on a ball you cannot get to

Stop looking at the stat sheet, nerd. Jeter makes all the plays he's supposed to.

I'd suggest Josh lay low for a while because he is probably wanted for murder. That ball was destroyed.

Did that ball have a family?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Aww geez, Buck/Pat. You were having a great run talking about good defensive AL CFs. Everything was going well, even if Trout is having an un-Trout like season due to injury.

And then you blew it and mentioned Adam Jones... :facepalm:

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Aww geez, Buck/Pat. You were having a great run talking about good defensive AL CFs. Everything was going well, even if Trout is having an un-Trout like season due to injury.

And then you blew it and mentioned Adam Jones... :facepalm:

As soon as he said that, I immediately said "One of those is not like the others..."

Of course, that was before he mentioned Adam Jones; I was referring to "elite" CF Jackie Bradley Jr...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
As soon as he said that, I immediately said "One of those is not like the others..."

Of course, that was before he mentioned Adam Jones; I was referring to "elite" CF Jackie Bradley Jr...

At least Bradley is having a pretty good year and seems to be 3rd/4th on the totem pole by most defensive metrics, behind Buxton, Pillar, and possibly Jarrod Dyson (if I set the bar at 700 innings in center)

If I set the bar at 700 innings, the list for Fangraphs' defensive WAR component is:

Buxton
Pillar
Bradley
Dyson*
Cain
Kiermaier*
Carlos Gomez*
Trout*
giant gulf of suck
Adam Jones

and this is with Jones having more innings in CF than any one of those guys besides Pillar (both up over 1,200). While the players with the * have fewer than 900 innings in CF.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Of course the infield is in, Pat. They're looking for a double play and they know that Goins has the batting authority of a noodly armed toddler at naptime.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He will probably hit 30 homers and he missed more than a month of action. That's a special player right there. I still need Buck to confirm that he is a baseball player, though.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Scary to think that with this game JD has now passed George Bell and Roberto Alomar for 11th in career Blue Jays positional player fWAR. He'll very likely pass Devon White next and enter the top 10 by the end of the season.

He'll crack top 5 if he's not traded, and will be the best in Jays history if they extend him.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh:

Tanyon Sturtze. There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

And dammit, Jose Cruz. "It's hard to get kids on the field as much in Canada because of the weather."

Que?

You were here for 5 years. You should know better....

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's the igloos. Noone wants to come out of them

I remember when I tried to play baseball in September as a little kid. Polar bear took my little brother. We never saw him again, but we did often see a bear wearing his favorite Mariners cap...

Never forget.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
:laugh:

Tanyon Sturtze. There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

And dammit, Jose Cruz. "It's hard to get kids on the field as much in Canada because of the weather."

Que?

You were here for 5 years. You should know better....

We have 5-6 months of baseball weather in Canada, compared to 12 months in Puerto Rico. Not sure what the issue is with what he said.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
with the Matt Boyd no-hitter watch on, I'm preparing for Boyd become the low-key Syndergaard of his trade (that is to say that he becomes the new object of 'why'd we give him up?' fretting when at the time of the trade he was a secondary piece of the deal behind the primary asset that has faltered/lost current value (d'Arnaud in my analogous deal, Norris in this trade's case)

Ahhh Joe just doesn't have any consistency as a starter

Still early for him. We almost have to forget that he pitched last year out of the pen and doesn't have any starting experience above AA prior to his AAA stretch-out session this year.

Mayza has pitched well but he's been unlucky.

agreed. He probably should be sheltered a bit more as his splits skew strongly to the LHB side of things (he's allowing an OPS in excess of 1.000 and a .500 wOBA vs HRBs), but he's getting a major hosing on his ERA vs his FIP and xFIP.

I'm not quite sure if Ryan Goins is a baseball player

Just look at those RISP numbers. There's your answer.

Everyday shortstop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad