2017 Trade Deadline

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Zero interest in Johnson. I'm not a fan.
Look at how clutch the kid is in big games over his career. Also he is a perfect fit for our style of play and him centering the 2nd line could be a game changer. His speed along with cam could be break out city here.

Also breaking news Quincy for prout

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Nice move. I don't know enough about Quincey - he does play a lot of minutes so I'm assuming he's better than Prout. But it's an obvious improvement for two reasons

- they don't trust Prout to play him. Can't leave those guys around. Have to try someone else.

- expiring contract, whereas Prout has another year. That adds a lot more flexibility for next season.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I was wondering if we could get equipment for Prout.

An actual NHL defenseman is a steal, despite what one Penguin fan is saying on twitter.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Couldn't agree with you more. :laugh:

OohBurn.gif

i-m-messing-with-you-guys-o.gif

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
In an exercise conducted simply by looking at the league's bottom 8-10 teams and checking for expiring (and cheap) contracts among centers and defensemen, depth options would seem to potentially include:

Jay McClement, Vernon Fiddler, Kyle Quincey, Chris Thorburn

Maybe I missed a couple guys. Do any of those players improve the Jackets? Depth is nice, and I'd think those guys could be acquired for low-round picks. But would it just amount to doing something for the sake of doing something?

Nice call man. Please step to the back and claim your door prize.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I seem to remember a deal CBJ and PITT made awhile back (maybe at a previous draft) which basically amounted to a favor Jarmo was doing for Shero. I'm foggy on the details, but maybe it was helping them with their contract number situation. Anyone remember this? Maybe it was time the return favor came due, in addition to giving Prout a fresh start.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

hmm.

He was an interesting prospect initially. Played for Canada in the WJC if I recall correctly and 2nd round pick.. He just really stagnated in the AHL. He wasn't coming to the CBJ any time soon. Not a bad trade.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
This was a good deadline day for Columbus. Added quality NHL depth at both forward and D...not to mention both acquisitions are cheap and UFAs at the end of the season.

Jenner-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Gagner-Saad
Korpikoski-Karlsson-Anderson
Calvert/Sedlak (injured)

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Murray-Nutivaara/Quincey/Harrington

That's good depth. I don't get why some people are complaining we didn't "get better"...

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Couldn't agree with you more. :laugh:

I'm about 95% certain we stand pat. The other 5% is us adding a bottom line center, and maybe trading Dalton Prout. But I think we stand pat.

I would assume he is untouchable. As is Weresnki, Jones, and Wennberg.

I think we may move prout and add some veterans for the ahl squad. I could also see moving Milano for another prospect too. Other than that, nothing.

Hey now, I said it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad