Speculation: 2017 Trade Deadline Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Seeing the return Hanzal got has me feeling OK if Kane is moved. The fact Murray is demanding Sergachev for Kane from Montreal has me thinking that if Kane is moved we are getting back that young future top pairing dman in return.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

I wonder if Franson could be a part of this?

They've got Brodin playing his offside (right). With Suter, Oloffson, and Scandela on the left, and Spurgeon, Dumba, Brodin on the right.

Kane and Franson as the bones for Brodin ?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

They've got Brodin playing his offside (right). With Suter, Oloffson, and Scandela on the left, and Spurgeon, Dumba, Brodin on the right.

It would be very tight even if we retained 50% on both. Someone want to do the math for us.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

Like it. Sabres would have to retain 50% on Franson. Maybe a little nugget on Kane.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
This would be a tricky trade to make after the Hanzel deal. I can't see Minny trading Brodin before the playoffs. Maybe if Kulikov or Franson are thrown in but then their is the cap so we would have to see some dead weight coming back.

Ek is a stud, I can't see Minny moving him. Maybe a Tuch or Greenway.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Kane (25% retained) + Franson (50% retained) + 1st rounder 17' (or something else?)

for

Brodin + Ek/Tuch/Greenway

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Kane and Franson (8.6 mil cap hit)

for

Brodin and Pominville (9.8 mil cap hit)

Not saying I want Pominville back, but he does fit Gionta's role on the roster at a higher cost and two more years. Not proposing this, but that's one way to make it work right now.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Kane and Franson (8.6 mil cap hit)

for

Brodin and Pominville (9.8 mil cap hit)

Not saying I want Pominville back, but he does fit Gionta's role on the roster at a higher cost and two more years. Not proposing this, but that's one way to make it work right now.

Pommer has a modified NTC/NMC. He submits a list of 20 teams he won't go to. I'd be surprised if Minny wants to open that can of worms right now.

IIRC he also has to be protected in the expansion draft.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Pommer would never waive to come back. MIN taking a run at the cup this year.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It would be very tight even if we retained 50% on both. Someone want to do the math for us.

Like it. Sabres would have to retain 50% on Franson. Maybe a little nugget on Kane.

MN has some space, but....

Kane makes 5.25M
Franson makes 3.325M

Brodin makes 4.17

They are also at 49/50 contracts

We have 2x 2nds

I'd imagine it'd be something like

Kane, Franson, 2nd. Retention likely on Kane

For

Brodin+a forward with some salary

Status
Not open for further replies.