2017 trade deadline discussion (Flyers' proposals, NHL rumours and the confirmed) II

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I don't think there is any chance Calgary exposes Ferland. He is a glue guy there and an important role player.

1. Gaudreau
  2. Monahan
  3. Brouwer
  4. Backlund
  5. Frolik
  6. Ferland

All should be protected. Not sure who the 7th would be.

I think Bennett needs to be protected and I saw a few places where it may come down to Bouma/Ferland. He may not be but there should be a few more out there. A step down would be Wilson or Foligno who while not great mey be a better fit than Weise although they are pricey.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
The Flyers aren't winning the cup next year. Even if he struggles a little the D is going to also, it's part of the process to build the team to where it needs to be.

Also my biggest fear is if Lindblom replaces Schenn on the PP1 and Schenn's offensive output takes a big hit. If he isn't scoring his value is that of an overpaid third liner. Sell now while people still think he's a 1st line player.

That would be the rational to moving Schenn right now, but it's a bit contradicting.

We get better in the future while our defensive prospects learn the ropes, shed some cap, but if we're still struggling we're wasting Simmonds time here (unless we can re-sign him for good term, unlikely)

I think starting next year we need to and will be able to bring in a lot of help for G, Simmonds, Vora..

Reads cap gone, Umbergers buyout $ gone, Amac more tradeable (even if we have to retain, or give picks to move) Filppulas 5 mill gone. We lock up our prospects but even after that we will have money to spend, and with how we've been drafting, some decent ammo to make good trades to improve the team instead of staggering in mediocracy

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
That would be the rational to moving Schenn right now, but it's a bit contradicting.

We get better in the future while our defensive prospects learn the ropes, shed some cap, but if we're still struggling we're wasting Simmonds time here (unless we can re-sign him for good term, unlikely)

I think starting next year we need to and will be able to bring in a lot of help for G, Simmonds, Vora..

Reads cap gone, Umbergers buyout $ gone, Amac more tradeable (even if we have to retain, or give picks to move) Filppulas 5 mill gone. We lock up our prospects but even after that we will have money to spend, and with how we've been drafting, some decent ammo to make good trades to improve the team instead of staggering in mediocracy

Hextall doesn't strike me as the type that's going to sign a lot of UFAs. Our center depth isn't ideal but one way to offset that would be to bolster the wingers and be able to roll 4 lines that can atleast fore-check so our centers don't get exposed in the D zone.

It's probably going to take the D 2-3 years to fix and fwds can usually step in and contribute at a younger age. If we lose Simmonds in 2 years so be it. Love the player but for long term success we have to sacrifice somewhere. I think we all learned you can't rush it

Plus hopefully in 3 years Hextall will have his factory in Allentown consistently pumping out "Dudes".:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad