2017 OHL U18 Priority Selection Players

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Seva Losev (3-46) played an exhibition game for Ottawa Sunday so assume he's signed but still 27 in camp so "made the team" may be a bit of a stretch.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Seems like Emmett Serensits will make the wolves roster at this point.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Seva Losev (3-46) played an exhibition game for Ottawa Sunday so assume he's signed but still 27 in camp so "made the team" may be a bit of a stretch.

They like Losev. I think he will make the cut.

NV

Aug 22, 2003
Petes signed goalie Blake Curran but realistically he's not playing.

Obviously Dylan Wells is the starter this year. Hunter Jones is the goalie of the future and he's a 2000 while Curran is a 1999 birth year. I'm assuming Curran was signed as insurance/simple callup when Wells is away at Oilers camp/WJC camp (Curran is from Peterborough).

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
No recent signings of any U18 draft picks in Owen Sound but with limited spots open on the roster that's not a surprise Andre Simard looked decent in camp but really only 3 spots open and 3 recent signings pretty easy to connect the dots from the drafted class this year in the Priority Selection.

I still stand by beliefs that most clubs may get 1 player out of the U18 draft signed to the OHL but that's probably about as close as those picks get.

Any given year most teams have various opportunities to scout and evaluate players throughout the season prior to draft day and see who fits each club's system the rest is up to the players to show what they can do in training camp and if their worth taking a closer look at the managers will keep them around for awhile

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
None of the Firebirds picks are still in camp. Of the five, I thought James White stood a decent shot of sticking around.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Kind of had to. How bad would the u18 midget draft look if the number one pick didn't sign??

kid earned his way, and ood for him. if they had to they would have signed him right after the draft.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
So, a total of 96 players were in this draft. Would it be fair to say that 10 of them cracked OHL rosters?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
10 is a high number, I doubt it. I think the #s will creep upward as more players elect to stay at major midget instead of jr C or simply quitting hockey.
Add Serensits to the list if he is not already counted for. It looks like he will be at least #7D for the wolves if no trade is made.

bradm6125

May 20, 2009
I did some research last week, grabbed most of the players teams for this year from Eliteprospects or Twitter.

By my count, of the 96 players drafted, this is where they are playing:

OHL - 4

OJHL - 21
CCHL - 11
NOJHL - 8

GOJHL - 27
CCHL2 - 6

Midget AAA - 10
Unknown - 9 (Toronto Titans Midget tournament starts this weekend, I'm guessing a lot of these names will show up on those rosters)

Heres a spreadsheet with the details, let me know if I have anything wrong.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V9vIAc-UHIylQoMoAb2LFKyZTje0NAld8IPQInNA2Ds/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: Fastpace

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I did some research last week, grabbed most of the players teams for this year from Eliteprospects or Twitter.

By my count, of the 96 players drafted, this is where they are playing:

OHL - 4

OJHL - 21
CCHL - 11
NOJHL - 8

GOJHL - 27
CCHL2 - 6

Midget AAA - 10
Unknown - 9 (Toronto Titans Midget tournament starts this weekend, I'm guessing a lot of these names will show up on those rosters)

Heres a spreadsheet with the details, let me know if I have anything wrong.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V9vIAc-UHIylQoMoAb2LFKyZTje0NAld8IPQInNA2Ds/edit?usp=sharing

Boomhower, Nate - signed in saginaw

bradm6125

May 20, 2009
Boomhower, Nate - signed in saginaw

Thanks I had him as playing for Saginaw but didn't note he was signed, I fixed that.

Also saw on twitter that Rylan Mosley (1.03 to North Bay) just committed to Alabama Huntsville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad