2017 Offseason Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
@mayorNHL 6m6 minutes ago

As I understand Thornton situation, Blake's salespitch worked. Joe leaning toward LA multi-year offer. SJ stuck on 1yr deal...at the moment.

More fuel.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I REALLY hope Gaborik has a bounce back season. He's probably the biggest question mark going into this year. If Gaborik can play to what he's capable of imagine him and Thornton paired together.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
wtf am I supposed to do till Saturday...

Make crazy claims. Post them in a blog. Quote the blog in message boards. Claim the claims is now being talked about in several places as proof you wee right to begin with.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
So, who's going to play center in Ontario then? I think you are being a bit too ambitious with your ideas of rushing kids to the NHL. Amadio needs to be playing, and he isn't ready to be put in a high pressure situation and see limited ice time with the likes of Clifford, Nolan or Andreoff. That's what Shore and/or Dowd are for.

Who cares about Ontario Zig, the fact is Amadio is good enough to center the 3C now but doesn't have too and will likely spend a few months on the farms before taking the spot from Dowd...
There's no rushing Amadio, I just happen to think he will be ready at some point this season and will make Dowd expendable, as for playing time... we'll I think he would learn a lot from Anze and JT ( if signed) and benefit a ton from playing against NHL talent night in and night out.... he'd also be playing with the likes of Kempe and Brodz or Brown and Gabby....

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Amadio does have high upside though. He has been killing it every year and improving. I do believe by the end of this year he will be up with the Kings

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Good enough to play 3C now? Guy hasn't played a single game in the NHL, let's not get carried away.

Not getting carried away, just simply noting that Dowd is not an adequate NHL center and Amadio is better in many facets of the game currently... so i can and will say that Amadio could replace Dowd in the lineup and we wouldn't miss a beat....

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Before we crown Amadio ready to handle 3C duties...what were the numbers that Kempe and Gravel put up last season?

Amadio is not ready. Dowd looked better in Ontario before sticking in LA last season.

Patience is a virtue. Needs to be applied to all of the Kings prospects, even Vilardi.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The OHL and AHL are nothing like the NHL. Let him tear it up another year in Ontario.

I know i've been harping on how he can play now just to prove my point but my original comment was that later this season Amadio will force his way up because he is that good; Size, Talent, Defense, Offense, 200ft game... high character kid, insane work ethic ( he, JAD and Viladri share this trait)..

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Before we crown Amadio ready to handle 3C duties...what were the numbers that Kempe and Gravel put up last season?

Amadio is not ready. Dowd looked better in Ontario before sticking in LA last season.

Patience is a virtue. Needs to be applied to all of the Kings prospects, even Vilardi.

Neither Kempe nor Gravel produced much, Kempe wasn't ready and Gravel was on the bench..

Dowd never looked better than Amadio in Ontario BK, in Fact they were playing a year apart... Going to lots of Reign games this season I got see Amadio up close and he is impressive. Most of what he does doesn't show up on the stat sheet but he's a impact player... This season with him as a focal point we will all get to see it...

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
@mayorNHL 6m6 minutes ago

As I understand Thornton situation, Blake's salespitch worked. Joe leaning toward LA multi-year offer. SJ stuck on 1yr deal...at the moment.

More fuel.

I think that San Jose will keep him last minute. But I have already gotten myself excited about the possibility.

Even if he stays in San Jose hopefully LA has driven up the price to the point that it hurts the sharks elsewhere. Nothing against the sharks, I would hope for this with any other team.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Off topic and wrong thread but with McJebus signed and Draisaitl looking for big $$$.... does this increase the value of a Jeff Carter ??? maybe be 32YO but he's still a 60+ point per season producer and on a very affordable $5.272 per cap hit.....

The NHL needs a NBA type rookie scale ASAP......

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Neither Kempe nor Gravel produced much, Kempe wasn't ready and Gravel was on the bench..

Dowd never looked better than Amadio in Ontario BK, in Fact they were playing a year apart... Going to lots of Reign games this season I got see Amadio up close and he is impressive. Most of what he does doesn't show up on the stat sheet but he's a impact player... This season with him as a focal point we will all get to see it...

Unless there are injuries, I extremely doubt we see Amadio in LA this season but, hey, I hope you are right and he plays his way on to the team in a Toffoli/Pearson fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad