2017 Offseason Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Normally I'd laugh at anything Hoven says, but he called Rob Blake taking over months before it happened so maybe he finally found a legit source? Still doubt it

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
If we do get Jumbo, I hope he is completely healed from the knee ligament tear(s) and it's not a lingering issue. At his age, injuries generally take longer to recover from unless your Jagr who is a friggin machine.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think a lot of those posters have their warm milk and have mom tuck them in way before the Kings hit the ice at 10pm ET. Maybe if people would stay up and watch some games, their opinion would be different but of course they will just look at how many points he has produced over the last few years and base their wisdom off that.

"Brown is garbage". Very well thought out and logical argument.

I mean, a few of those guys have called Doughty not even a top-10 dman in the past, so calling Brown garbage is probably a compliment :laugh:

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Normally I'd laugh at anything Hoven says, but he called Rob Blake taking over months before it happened so maybe he finally found a legit source? Still doubt it

Normally? I don't get the hate for Hoven around here. He's been on the money a lot lately. Call-ups, trades, rumours, etc. Wasn't he also the first that said Brown might get his captaincy stripped away?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Wonder the reaction from Shark Fans would be if someone posted the Hoven link on the main board.:laugh:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
You have to remember that there's no love loss between Thornton and Doug Wilson. They had a public spat not that long ago.

So you've got a GM that you don't like, whose publicly criticized you, and won't give you the contract you want.

On the other hand, the next nearest NHL team is run by your buddies, is in the same state, has better weather, will give you the contract you want, and has a core of players that have won a Stanley Cup.

It all makes sense really.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
If we do get Jumbo, I hope he is completely healed from the knee ligament tear(s) and it's not a lingering issue. At his age, injuries generally take longer to recover from unless your Jagr who is a friggin machine.

To remove that beard would take an out patient surgery...may make him a step faster though. No recovery time either...unless psychological remorse for doing it.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I took a peak at the Sharks board. they are not happy. :laugh:

iljzxa.gif

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Pretty much guaranteed it will happen by Saturday [ of course he added, "anything can happen between now and then" to cover his ass].

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
If he does sign with the Kings, and Hoven has been money as of late, than I hope it's no more than a 2 year deal. Thornton is turning 38 in a few days.

This is important can only be 2 years max we need that 💰 free in hopes of Doughty taking it.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I think a lot of those posters have their warm milk and have mom tuck them in way before the Kings hit the ice at 10pm ET. Maybe if people would stay up and watch some games, their opinion would be different but of course they will just look at how many points he has produced over the last few years and base their wisdom off that.

"Brown is garbage". Very well thought out and logical argument.

Like I said, watch the ****ing games!

Hoven Radio hit... saying all indications are that Thornton will be a King come Saturday.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2017/06/nhl-radio-replay-hovens-kings-updates-thornton-brown-phaneuf-bernier-iginla-etc/

Love it! Hopefully Hoven is right on this one.

You have to remember that there's no love loss between Thornton and Doug Wilson. They had a public spat not that long ago.

So you've got a GM that you don't like, whose publicly criticized you, and won't give you the contract you want.

On the other hand, the next nearest NHL team is run by your buddies, is in the same state, has better weather, will give you the contract you want, and has a core of players that have won a Stanley Cup.

It all makes sense really.

I fully believed your post and still do. All the narratives line up. Even if it doesn't happen, it's a very believable scenario.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Blake played for the Sharks too, of course. I wonder how much that has to do w/ this otherwise relatively unthinkable scenario? (Even though, yes, some of you have laid out how it makes sense logistically).

I don't like it. Gives me Lucic signing vibes for some reason. Just a guy I've loathed as a player for a long time.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Hoven Radio hit... saying all indications are that Thornton will be a King come Saturday.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2017/06/nhl-radio-replay-hovens-kings-updates-thornton-brown-phaneuf-bernier-iginla-etc/

I don't think Hoven would be sticking his neck out like this unless he was sure. He has called out some stuff that we all mocked him for like the captaincy with Brown/Kopitar and Blake becoming GM. If we get Joe for 2 years then I'd welcome him with open arms. Him and his hippie beard.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I don't think Hoven would be sticking his neck out like this unless he was sure. He has called out some stuff that we all mocked him for like the captaincy with Brown/Kopitar and Blake becoming GM. If we get Joe for 2 years then I'd welcome him with open arms. Him and his hippie beard.

Emphasis added.

Maybe that's the package deal SFKingshomer mentioned. :laugh:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
A proper shave is definitely a needed contract clause.

I'd love to see Blake sign them both and watch San Jose's fanbase literally **** bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad